040

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FORTY

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FORTY

HER MORNING WAS STRESSFUL. HAVING to confront her mother once more was troublesome. Not only was it ineptly quiet, but she also attempted to chat with Misumi to apologize.

Only, Misumi didn't want to listen nor hear her out for what she had to say.

Maybe she was just exaggerating about the whole situation of her parent's divorce. Many children go through it, she understood she wasn't the only child to ever face such a situation.

It was simply the fact that she couldn't do anything to stop it, she was the reason why her parents thought about splitting up.

She began to second guess everything she did. Would it have been best to just stay put in her parent's home? If so, there was a possibility this would have never happened.

Misumi tried reminding herself that everything happens for a reason, but nothing seemed to reel that strapping thump in her gut that held her culpable for everything.

That powerful voice in her head telling her that she's at fault.

One thing was for sure, Misumi was glad to be back at school so she wouldn't have to stay in the same home with her mother. Either way, her mother explained she was going to be running more errands while Misumi was at school.

You could say it's cold of Misumi not wanting to face her own mom after a long time of not visiting her, and she honestly felt horrible for it. Yet, she needed time to recollect her thoughts and pick up after her spilling emotions.

Even Nishinoya took notice of his best friend's change in attitude, explaining that she appeared to have a lot on her mind. He offered consultation, but Misumi reassured revealing that she was worn out from all the moving going on from the past two weeks.

She tried her best to put on a pretend smile for volleyball practice. Bringing in negative energy was something that was absolutely prohibited, mainly from Sugawara. They had a competition coming up soon and she didn't want to devastate their confident ebullience.

"Misumi?"

"Hello? Are you even listening?"

A voice silenced her persistent thoughts, bringing her back to reality.

Her eyes jolted a little, realizing where she was "Huh? Oh, what were you saying again Noya?" She laughed apprehensively, spreading her hands down her chilled arms.