039

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ THIRTY-NINE

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ THIRTY-NINE

THE WAY MISUMI WORDED IT MADE THINGS sound horrible. Almost like Semi had sexually harassed her, which is the complete opposite of what he did.

Her shoulders stooped "N-no I didn't mean it in that way! He just hugged me... and touched my hand." Misumi was glancing at everything but her mother's dilated pupils.

"Misumi... I just can't believe you would agree to such a-"

"But mom, I feel so much better about it now! And-and I don't think he'll be such a bother anymore."

"So what, you guys are just buddies now?" Her mother scoffed "I'm sorry Misumi but the way he treated you was so horrible, why would you even think it would be a good idea to meet up with that psycho?"

Witnessing how much Eita had improved from before, her mother referring to him as a psycho kind of... offended her?

Maybe what she felt burning in her chest wasn't anger, it was just uncomfortable. She wanted to prove to her mother how much he had grown from back then.

"He's changed though..."

"So what, he gives you a hug then holds your hand, and all of a sudden he's a different person?" Her mother charged, spreading her fingers down her temples.

"Do you not remember what happened after we found out about how he treated you? Because I remember it very clearly Misumi."

No doubt about it, of course Misumi remembered. When she got down on both her knees, pressing her parents to not sue him or his family or file a restraining order against Semi. The number of times she wept that day was so piercing that she could never forget it.

For one, his father was a lawyer so there was no way they would ever win such an argument. But, that wasn't the only reason why Misumi was pleading to her two parents.

Deep down, she was terrified that Semi would do something, she didn't know exactly what he would do. She just felt that way.

Still and all, it made her blood run cold simply recollecting things and what he would have done.

"Hello!? I'm waiting for a response, Misumi?" Her mother reared her speech.

Misumi was bewildered, she was at a loss for words. One thing was for sure, hearing her mother's steady voice was a heavy slap in the face. It made her emotions overflow with hurt and confusion. Misumi assumed her mother would be understanding about things.