Happy Wedding Anniversary

They sat in companionable silence on a bench at the hilltop park of Lindenhof, appreciating the views of Limmat River, the famous Grossmunster Cathedral and the medieval quarters of Niederdorf as they had a late picnic lunch of pastries, sandwiches and fruit.

It was a huge contrast from their morning, but this was exactly what she loved about their relationship, Se-ri mused.

Because Ri Jeong Hyeok was simply so right for her; they could go from petty bickering to pure sacrificial love, from having mind-blowing sex to sitting quietly, eating sandwiches on a park bench.

She had been elated when he suggested visiting the Zurich Old Town - Se-ri had been visiting Switzerland for years, but she had never really put her mind into sightseeing.

Her first Switzerland visit was to find a venue fitting for death.

Her subsequent Switzerland visits were to find the man whom her heart was destined to be with for life.

It was amazing how this beautiful place went from what could have been her final resting place, to where she feels the most alive in.

Earlier on, they were just like any other couple in a foreign land.

They checked out landmarks, visited tourist traps, took a ton of wefies with Se-ri's cellphone, indulged in delicious local snacks, and basically allowed themselves to get lost in a foreign land where their differences didn't matter.

"Did you like this place very much when you were studying here, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi?" Se-ri broke the comfortable silence.

He nodded with a tranquil smile, eyes wistful with recollections as he gazed into the scenic distance.

"I wrote a number of songs while sitting at this park."

She swallowed the mouthful of sandwich which she had been chewing on, asking softly, "Including that one?"

Another nod from Jeong Hyeok. "Including that one."

Reaching over, Se-ri gently took his hand in hers, squeezing it encouragingly.

"Are you alright with being here?"
She asked softly, well-knowing that the surroundings were bringing a lot of memories to him. Some must have been nice, and some, heart wrenching.

"Maybe not if I came here alone," Jeong Hyeok confessed quietly. "But now I have you."

"I'm always with you. Sometimes by your side, sometimes stuck in here." She playfully tapped his left chest.

He smiled his heartfelt gratitude for her love. "I still think about and miss him at times."

"I think it's only right that you do. No one is expecting you to forget Ri Mu Hyeok-ssi." She smiled warmly, tilting her head in the direction of his left chest again.