To make you feel my love

A/N: This very special chapter is one that I will forever hold dear to my heart, it is one of the highlights of this fanfic, and I daresay I gave it my all.

Thank you @BinJinSaudade for your inspiration, "Make You Feel My Love" was the song that played constantly in the background as I wrote this. I am feeling your friendship all the time as well. ❤️

———————————————

The desert dunes within the coastal desert of Namibia are among the biggest in the world, and it was evident just how much Jeong Hwan and Jin-ah were enjoying themselves as they slid down the massive reddish dunes of Sossusvlei on sandboards.

Jeong Hwan, ever the daredevil, was on his own, whereas Jin-ah was sharing a board with Jeong Hyeok

Childish laughter rang high in the morning warmth of the desert, as the three and five year old went repeatedly at the sand dunes with their father.

Meanwhile, the matriarch of the Ri family was taking a break to snap more pictures for their family albums.

Watching Jeong Hyeok laugh heartily as he and their children chased each other in the sand brought immeasurable warmth to Se-ri's heart, warmth that was quite enough to rival that of the desert's.

His smiles were always so genuine and carefree when around their children, but Se-ri often found herself wondering. Of course, she never doubted the reasons behind Jeong Hyeok's smiles, but was he truly happy most of the time?

He most likely wasn't, and of course, she knew why.

Hours later, all washed up and packed, the family left the desert for Namibia's capital, Windhoek.

The ride back to their hotel in Windhoek from the Namib desert was a long one of over four hours, and it was no surprise that Jeong Hwan and Jin-ah both fell asleep sometime during the ride, rocked to slumber by the rocking motion of the vehicle g...

The ride back to their hotel in Windhoek from the Namib desert was a long one of over four hours, and it was no surprise that Jeong Hwan and Jin-ah both fell asleep sometime during the ride, rocked to slumber by the rocking motion of the vehicle going over sand and gravel.

Suddenly, the minivan was quiet again with just the two of them, with the exception of the occasional sounds made by their rather stoic and very professional hired bodyguards.