Fly me to the moon

"You like it here?" Jeong Hyeok asked, as Se-ri nodded with a wide grin, rocking her body to music before taking yet another generous sip of Cabernet Sauvignon.

It was Day 4, a Tuesday.

Jeong Hyeok had gone to work earlier in the day while Se-ri took the chance to go for some much-needed retail therapy, before meeting up in the early evening at the Zurich Town Hall.

She recalled fondly the way he had come up to her from behind to tap her on the shoulder, before enveloping her in his warm, reassuring embrace.

It was so normal for most couples, but for them, this was extraordinary.

Jeong Hyeok had been uncharacteristically late in meeting her (20minutes to be exact) but there was no negative feeling that his hug and presence could not dispel.

Then it was a most delightful and quintessentially-Swiss dinner of cheese fondue and herb sausages at Le Dézaley. Blowing on freshly-dipped chunks of house bread, feeding each other, with Jeong Hyeok being overly protective/helpful as usual (Se-ri didn't even get the chance to twist a fork in an escargot to extract the meat).

She had thought the day to be over when they exited the restaurant, until he said, "Let's go somewhere. There's a place which I would like to bring you to."

And that was how she found herself at Splendid Piano Bar after a short walk from Le Dézaley.

For decades, the Splendid Piano Bar has been serving up cocktails and live music in the heart of Zurich's Old Town. It was a place special to Jeong Hyeok, and was also somewhere which he knew Se-ri would love.

"I love it, the classics are the best!"
Se-ri reached for his hands in the increasingly crowded piano bar, snuggling up to his tall frame.

Along with the sensual and upbeat live jazz performance, she mouthed the lyrics, "Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars..."

Jeong Hyeok smiled endearingly at witnessing her joy; she was clearly having a good time.

In the dimmed lighting of piano bar, Se-ri's cheeks were flushed from the alcohol, her large, expressive eyes were twinkling with excitement, and she wore the prettiest smile on her rouged, kissable lips

She probably didn't know how innocently seductive she looked, as she enjoyed the music and alcohol, while constantly leaning into him for hugs.

Sometimes, Jeong Hyeok still had problems believing that this beautiful, vivacious, plucky, kind-hearted, wise and successful girl gave him her heart.

With Yoon Se-ri's qualities, it wouldn't be hard finding a man who'd love her.

Yet she chose to be with him, a man who can give her so little in terms of reassurance about the future.

So willingly, she chose to wait for him.

So willingly, she chose to commit herself to a man who hadn't even spoken about future plans with her.