North and South

"Th-that's unfair too..." Heart-pounding, Se-ri finally found her voice, after drawing a few shaky breaths.

A questioning gaze was her cue to continue.

"You're still clothed." She replied accusingly, tilting her chin in the direction of his grey sweatpants and dark blue long-sleeved lounge top. "Remove them right now."

Jeong Hyeok quietly chuckled, before releasing his hold on her wrists to sit upright in bed. Clad in nothing but a pair of burgundy laced boy shorts with her long tousled tresses falling over her slender shoulders, Se-ri was a mighty fine sight to behold.

Locking his gaze with hers, he pulled his top over his head and tossed it onto an armchair nearby.

From behind him, in the reflection of the long vanity mirror, was the sensual flexing of his toned back muscles.

She decided in that moment, this would be one mental image she would remember for life. He was, for the lack of a better word, perfection.

"That's better." She gave a small smile of approval, opening her arms wide in invitation for a hug.

Leaning in to close the distance between them, Jeong Hyeok and Se-ri embraced. A strong arm circled her waist, holding her protectively while his other hand busied itself with tucking loose locks of hair behind her ear.

She sighed in contentment, leaning her head forward such that their foreheads were touching. Gentle butterfly kisses were exchanged, as the star-crossed lovers enjoyed a romantic, quiet moment together.

"I love you, Yoon Se-ri."

She planted a few more light kisses over his lips and cheeks.

"So do I, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi."

If heaven existed, this could very much be it, Se-ri thought contentedly.

Pulling him down onto the bed with her, they playfully rolled around. He tickled, she giggled, while exchanging what seemed like a hundred light, fluttery kisses in between.

Love and mutual longing hung in the air like a warm, unbridled cloud, increasingly free of the shackles of hesitation and irrational fear that Jeong Hyeok has previously held.

Both knew very well the direction they were headed in, though one was a lot more forthcoming about it than the other.

Se-ri couldn't be more thankful for this moment. In hindsight, she was glad she had confronted him about his unnecessarily painful self-restrictions, as difficult as that conversation had been.

Snuggling up against Jeong Hyeok, she accidentally brushed against a certain very hard spot.

She heard his breath hitch, though he made no further move thereafter.

What happened between them in the shower stall yesterday was still fresh in her mind.

She would just have to fan the flames a little harder.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi...do you have plans?" Se-ri asked casually, lazily drawing circles on Jeong Hyeok's chest as she lay snugly in the crook of his arm.

"Are you hungry? You should have a proper breakfast. Shall we go get something to eat?" He replied, clearly overly concerned about her well-being as he has always been.

"No. I mean, plans for..." Her voice trailed off, as her gaze left his eyes to travel southwards, along the length of his body, to stop at the very visible tent in his sweatpants.

"...that."

Her large, expressive eyes went back to his, awaiting an answer.

She could literally see the fluster mounting in his features.