Show and Tell

A/N: I am back! Apologies for the hiatus. Real life dealt me a tough one which I had to struggle through. I don't wish for anyone to have to speculate, so I'll just let you know that I had to help care for an elderly family member with dementia by having her at my place for two weeks. It was probably the toughest thing I've done in a long while. To the friends with whom I have spoken to regarding the issue, thank you for giving me time, patience and encouragement.

Enjoy the update!
————————————————————————

Hmm.

Spotted. To his ten o'clock.

Ri Jeong Hyeok tried to disregard the eyes that were practically boring into him, especially when they were accompanied by incessant, girlish giggles.

He should have known, really, considering how he had once gone viral in South Korea for holding the door for others at a shopping mall.

Politely, he raised a fist to his lips and cleared his throat, hoping it would shake the unwanted attention off.

No such luck.

From the corner of his eye, he could see how one of the ladies was squeezing her lady companion's arm in poorly-concealed excitement.

Jeong Hyeok inwardly suppressed a sigh.

Evading his gaze, he shifted his body ever so slightly to his right, only to meet yet another fellow parent's eyes.

The lady literally let out a small squeal and blushed like a summer tomato.

Hoping to make the poor lady feel a little less uncomfortable, the father-of-two offered a faint, polite smile, which he instantaneously regretted.

The lady had promptly gasped, eliciting yet another round of schoolgirl-like giggles and squeals from others.

Jeong Hyeok fidgeted awkwardly in his seat.

It was bad enough being the only male parent who dropped off and picked his kids up every day from school.

It was an unusual arrangement in both the South and North Korean society, but then again, they weren't the typical Korean family.

Given that Se-ri was the one bringing the bulk of the bacon home, and how he was working part-time at the university, it made perfect sense that Jeong Hyeok took on more of the childcare duties and focused on the home.

Most of the time, he was the one shopping for groceries at their neighborhood supermarket on his free days, holding the hand of a five year-old Jeong Hwan while pushing a three year-old Jin-ah around in a grocery cart.

He would be carrying their tiny school bags, before heading home to prepare them for their afternoon naps.

While the children napped, Jeong Hyeok would prepare dinner or work on lesson plans, until Se-ri came home from work.

He was also the one with the Baby Web and supermarket membership, and the Ahjumma acquaintances at the local market who would save the best cuts of meat and fish for him.

That was fine really, he did find joy in taking on these duties.

Though now, being in the room at Jeong Hwan's preschool's show-and-tell session, living through the next three hours as some sort of a mini celebrity in the preschool...

...that wasn't quite enjoyable.

Jeong Hyeok fervently wished it was a figment of his imagination, but even the teachers were smiling more than usual at having him sit among them.