Another Train

The human mind truly was a complex blend of interwoven emotions.

It is both a blessing and a curse, to feel everything so deeply.

Now as they were driving back from Lucerne, where Jeong Hyeok had brought her shopping for gifts for her newborn niece, Se-ri found herself wondering if she had done the right thing earlier in the morning.

A part of her rejoiced at having alleviated the pain that Jeong Hyeok had been suffering, though in the process of doing so, another part of her was inflicted with the same grief.

She must have been crazy to plunge into that conversation like she did, though in times of dilemma, crazy was often the catalyst to get things going again.

Wrong train or not, the heartfelt conversation in the morning did take them off their stalled train to push them onboard another one.

Hopefully this one would make it to the right place.

"Still thinking?"

"About that dress?" She casually replied. Earlier while shopping, she had seen the cutest ombré sundress for a little girl. Sadly, it was available only in sizes for four years old and above.

"You know that's not what I'm referring to." Jeong Hyeok replied with a faint smile, though his eyes remained kept on the road.

That elicited a dry chuckle from the heiress.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi, you know me too well."

He smiled. "Just about as well as you know me."

Se-ri cast a sideward glance at her fiancé, once again admiring his features, and how handsome he looked when he was focusing on the task at hand.

"Did I surprise you by abruptly going into that topic?" She asked, her eyes still kept on him.

"Yes. But it was a good kind of surprise." Jeong Hyeok pondered for a second. "I thought you were very brave."

"More like foolhardy," Se-ri laughed self-mockingly. "Seeking answers which I might not be able to handle emotionally."

Another two seconds of silence between them, with the only sounds being that from the car's radio. An endless expanse of orange, pink and black evening skies adorned their view of snow-capped mountains along the highway.

"I truly wish to be with you, Yoon Se-ri." Jeong Hyeok broke the silence. "Never for a moment did that thought change."

Clearly, he was still worried that she would have gotten the wrong impression.

He was afraid she might associate his inability in deciding on defection to the lack of love on his part.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi. I've doubted a lot of things in life. I've doubted myself, and my own existence." Se-ri confessed. "But never for a moment have I doubted your love."