Listen

Day 13, Thursday.

It was a balmy spring evening in Lucerne, with the promise of melody and harmony.

At The Culture and Congress Centre, a concert hall esteemed for its high-profile acoustics, were Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri.

Under their unique circumstances, they could not be seen moving around together at the event, especially when there was extensive media coverage.

One took her place in the front row of the audience, whereas the other was seated at the grand structure regally-positioned at the center left of the stage.

Shiny, pitch-black and gleaming with poise, was the luxurious Steinway Grand piano.

From where she was, Se-ri could see Jeong Hyeok draw a deep breath, with eyes closed in concentration.

His back was straight, as one would expect from a classically-trained pianist, though his posture betrayed no signs of nervousness.

The spotlights of the concert hall bathed him in a bright yet eye-pleasingly gentle glow, as if intending to highlight his every move.

Jeong Hyeok was devastatingly handsome; sitting at the grand piano in his black peak lapel Ermenegildo Zegna suit and bow tie, and all Se-ri could do was to admire the perfection that was him

A small smile and nod was exchanged with the conductor before he leaned forward, raising his hands to the keyboard.

Silence, regal and dignified, reigned in the air.

One second, laden with anticipation among the audience, crawled by.

"I will let my music tell you what's in my heart."

She closed her eyes, giving a barely noticeable nod to no one in particular.

Then his hands started moving along with the slouch of his shoulders, and there it was, the opening movement of the concerto as the grand piano came to life under his gentle touch.

A series of solemn, chromatic bell-like tollings on the piano gained tension, as if awakening the piano.

It was just any other day in North Korea for Ri Jeong Hyeok...

Gradually, his fingers launched out into a forceful passage to eventually climax in the introduction of the main theme.

Then, out of nowhere, Yoon Se-ri crash landed into his life.