Revelation

Ri Jeong Hyeok stifled a yawn as he drove home from the university - the last two weeks had been tiring to say the least.

Now that they were a mere three days away from the upcoming fundraising concert organized by the schools, rehearsals were taking place almost everyday, especially since he was playing with fellow students and not a professional major orchestra.

He had even missed out on having dinner at home for a few days in the previous week, for there was so much to be done at school.

Speaking of which, his thoughts drifted to a certain heiress who was waiting for him at home in Lungern.

Jeong Hyeok felt really bad about it; Se-ri had been under the weather for the last few days, but he couldn't be there to take care of her.

Not that she had explicitly said it, but Jeong Hyeok could tell something was wrong.

For someone so bubbly and talkative, Se-ri had been oddly quiet for the past week.

Typically, when they had breakfast together in the morning, she would be happily rattling off like a portable radio on just about any topic under the sun. She would hum and sing as she did the dishes.

In the past week, he had often caught Se-ri in a daze.

Spacing out, without a trace of happiness anywhere to be seen in her features. She would often retreat to the bathroom, or go back to their bedroom to lie down in the bed.

Jeong Hyeok had questioned her about it, of course, but she simply brushed it off as work stress and fatigue.

Further probing on his part was often answered with mild annoyance and evasiveness on her part, so he had decided to give her some space.

Perhaps it really was work; she did confide in him at one point that working from home, no matter how hard she tried, was simply different from being in the office.

Just around a month ago, she had been quite vexed by some miscommunication with her Human Resource department regarding some payroll issues.

Casting a glance at the bouquet of pink roses on the passenger seat, Jeong Hyeok smiled contentedly. He had definitely neglected her in the recent weeks due to his hectic schedule at work.

 He had definitely neglected her in the recent weeks due to his hectic schedule at work

He sincerely hoped that Se-ri would like the flowers he had chosen.

—————————————————————

Jeong Hyeok was due to come back soon.

Se-ri could feel the soft, tingling waves of panic that could grow or fade depending on her next action.

If she were to allow her thoughts to manifest further, swirling into a vortex of endless self-questioning and dilemma, the panic would certainly grow to suffocating levels.