Seasons

Chuseok, 1 October
Lungern

"Would this be too big for the steamer?"

"It should fit...maybe if you tuck in the sides a little."

This year's Chuseok was so different from the last. There were no family gatherings and ancestral grave visits.

Instead, it was just Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri in Lungern, making songpyeon for the festival.

The only thing was, the South Korean was making North Korean-style songpyeon, and vice versa.

"I think you make the South Korean ones better than I do, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi." Se-ri teased, as the pianist cautiously folded the small dumplings.

That night, they sat at the grassy field outside their house, watching the big pearly moon in the night sky and its reflection in the inky black Lungern lake

Songpyeon, fruits and warm soju were laid out on a picnic mat under the moonlight.

The duo, illuminated in pale silver by the full moon, laughed over childhood memories of Chuseok.

They would find out that they'd both have been very cheeky as children, playing hide-and-seek around the graves, much to the disapproval of their parents.

"Yoon Se-ri."

"Hm?"

"This year's moon is exceptionally pretty."

"Really?" Se-ri looked up at the softly glowing orb in the sky, partly shielded by the clouds. "Isn't it the usual Chuseok moon?"

"No." Jeong Hyeok let his gaze linger on her, giving a small smile of contentment. "It's prettier this year."

She caught that.

With a smile, she leaned into the crook of his neck.

"Play the piano for me when we get back to the house?"

"Of course." She didn't need to say more; he knew exactly what it was that she wanted to listen to.

That night, Clair de Lune's romantic melody could be heard from the house, floating over the stillness of the lake to bathe the vicinity in ethereal tranquility.

————————————————————

Early November
Lungern

Jeong Hyeok decided, that of all the looks of Yoon Se-ri that he knew, this would have to be his favorite.