Surprises

Day 11, Monday

"Uhhh I am still so sore...there's this constant ache in my core." Se-ri winced as she stretched in front of the TV in the living room.

Making up for the missed whitewater rafting session at Lütschine River in the Swiss Alps last year, Jeong Hyeok and Se-ri had gone back to challenge the rapids the previous day.

Straight from the beginning, below the Eiger North Face, continuous class III-IV rapids surged down from the mountains and out into the Interlaken valley and the Lake of Brienz.

It had been a very fun and exhilarating experience for first-timer Se-ri, but the real pain came thereafter.

Her arms were surprisingly okay despite all that paddling, but constantly angling her body to stay in the raft made her feel like her torso didn't quite belong to her.

"I did warn you that Class III-IV rapids weren't that easy..." Jeong Hyeok replied from the kitchen as he deftly sliced scallions for the beef short rib soup which he was preparing for dinner. "Yet who was it who said that-"

"How difficult can paddling in a giant jacuzzi be?" Se-ri completed his sentence dramatically, before letting out a mighty sigh while sinking back into the couch behind her with a grimace

"Believe me, I'm regretting those words. I've surely learnt my lesson the hard way. I still don't know how you were able to walk away unscathed, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi."

"Well, having prior experience definitely helped," He added, secretly smiling at how adorable she was. "The next attempt will be better for you."

Se-ri looked incredulous. "How am I going to get better at it if I can only do it once a year? That's provided if I actually have a death wish and try it again."

Jeong Hyeok didn't reply to that, so Se-ri turned her attentions back to the TV.

"Dinner is ready."

"Yay!" Se-ri exclaimed, slowly rising up from the couch to make her way to the dining area before turning the TV off.

"Oh wow, your galbitang smells so good. Yet another reason to be obsessed with Ri Jeong Hyeok."