The Emperor

Dressed in a dove grey Elie Saab A-line dress with 3/4 long sleeves, complete with floral appliqué lace for a touch of old-world glamour, the heiress was turning heads.

Not just with how breathtakingly beautiful she looked, but also with how out of place she was as she stood outside the main concert hall in the east wing of the Lucerne Culture and Congress Center, waiting

A hand of hers was clutching a Bottega Veneta Intreciato leather clutch, whereas the other held three tickets to the event.

She had thought it to be rather strange, for Jeong Hyeok had requested for her to wait outside the concert hall with two extra tickets for 'two friends of his', to whom he had been unable to personally pass the tickets to.

"Se-ri ah!"

The familiarity in the voice first washed over her, before eyes widened in recognition.

She whirled around.

Among the throngs of smartly-dressed concert goers were two very familiar faces, one of which was waving at her while the other tried to look less excited than he was.

"Father? Mother?" Se-ri's eyes were wide with pleasant surprise at seeing her parents at the event. Stepping forward to close the distance between them, the family members exchanged light embraces.

"H..how? What brings the both of you all the way here?" Se-ri asked, clearly overwhelmed by the unexpected appearance of her parents.

"Jeong Hyeok has invited us to this event, and to lunch tomorrow as a group. It's supposed to be a surprise for you." Han Jeong-yeon explained, holding Se-ri's hand in hers. She was also clutching a substantial bouquet of pink lilies, presumably meant for the pianist.

Her father added, "He said it would be a good chance for us to know each other better, especially since you have been together for so long."

Se-ri was still caught by surprise; never had she expected Jeong Hyeok - typically-reticent Jeong Hyeok - to reach out to her parents in this manner. He must have enlisted Se-joon's help after that video call at the hospital.

"Come, let's go in. It is due to start soon." Yoon Jeung-pyeong walked ahead in large strides.

To a dazed Se-ri, her stepmother whispered with a small smile. "Your father is secretly very happy that Jeong Hyeok called for a meeting."

"He is?" The information snapped Se-ri out of her daze. "He didn't say it was troublesome or excessive?"

"Well, you know him. He didn't quite express it, but clearly he is eager to speak properly, man on man, with the person whom his precious daughter fell for. He said it wasn't right that they still haven't spoken properly to each other, especially since you've gotten engaged."

"Mother..."

For some reasons, the waterworks were starting. They couldn't have chosen a worse timing.