I'll always come back to you

Day 10, Monday.

Back in Zurich, the day had flown by in a blur for the both of them.

One was too preoccupied with practicing his performance piece ahead of the music festival.

Eleven hours of relentless practice, over and over again.

He was the lucky one, for the music provided him with a much-needed outlet to seek refuge in from the harsh reality that awaited them.

She wasn't quite as lucky.

Se-ri merely spent her day doing nothing but sitting around at cafes.

She had visited the popular Coffee Bar ODEON and the immensely instagrammable Confiserie Sprüngli, but the weight in her heart and mind did no justice to the delicious pastries and coffee she had

Since her teenage years, Yoon Se-ri had always prided herself on being a self-assured and pragmatic individual.

But right now, as she waited around in the hotel room for Jeong Hyeok's return, she wasn't quite sure if any part of her could count as self-assured.

It was only the late afternoon. She had many, many hours left to wait.

He wasn't even able to accompany her for dinner, for he had a dinner appointment with some North Korean music students.

Typical of the authoritarian regime, these students were supposed to have received additional ideological education sessions and were tasked to monitor each other constantly for any potential errant behavior. Any signs of Jeong Hyeok being involved with herself could lead to dire consequences on his part.

If they were a couple of any other nationality, she would surely be joining them for dinner.

In fact, even when they were moving around Zurich and Interlaken, she was constantly prepared to pretend to be a Chinese friend of his should they unluckily bump into any other North Koreans.
She did speak the language, albeit not fluently.

Such was just one of the many, many painful realities of this ill-fated relationship.

Back in the suite at Baur au Lac Hotel, She could see that Jeong Hyeok had started packing his belongings.