Fantasies

The capitalist world is a treacherous one indeed, Jeong Hyeok once again concluded inwardly as Se-ri recounted the incident involving their grocery shopping photos in Interlaken.

"So, you are saying that a South Korean person who knows who you are, snapped photos of us buying groceries? All the way here in Switzerland?" Jeong Hyeok was almost incredulous, looking up at Se-ri from his current position - lying on his side on the bed, propped up on one elbow.

Se-ri gave an apologetic nod.

"I had merely opened the door for others at a shopping mall in Seoul, and made it to the internet." He continued. "Now, all I did was to buy wine, vegetables and some meat and I made it to the Internet again."

Then it was an open-mouthed sigh, with eyes narrowed in disbelief as he regarded the pretty South Korean heiress, who was sitting up cross-legged on the bed, clutching an oversized pillow.

"You live in a world fraught with danger, Yoon Se-ri."

She chuckled, not quite sure if her North Korean fiancé was truly shocked by the way social media worked in South Korea, or if he was being dramatic about it.

"It isn't so bad, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi. You just have to know how to handle it when it comes. So back then, of course, they were speculating. Who is this tall guy with Yoon Se-ri? Are they dating? Is he Caucasian? Is that her backpack in his shopping cart? All kinds of questions, really."

"Isn't it a very logical move on my part to put your backpack in the shopping cart instead of letting you carry it the whole time?"

"See what I'm dealing with?" Se-ri replied with a withering look.

"I am just glad this isn't North Korea. Imagine all that surveillance stuff in the hotel rooms. If grocery shopping gets me this much attention from the media...can you imagine if they see what we do in private?"

Jeong Hyeok literally shuddered.

"So what did you tell them?"

She shrugged with a confident smile, "I announced that we are close friends. I was persistent to the end so there was nothing they could do."

...

...

"Close...friends..." Jeong Hyeok repeated two words slowly, before his lower lip gradually thrusted out in his signature wounded puppy look.

Collapsing face-down into the plush bedding, he stayed in that position for two seconds before looking up at Se-ri again in disbelief

Collapsing face-down into the plush bedding, he stayed in that position for two seconds before looking up at Se-ri again in disbelief. "You really told them we are just close friends? I am only your close friend? It isn't even convincing."

"It's just a lie! Of course we are not close friends. How can we possibly be close friends?" Se-ri was quick to defend, though Jeong Hyeok had once again buried his face in the sheets adorably.