seventy four

Taehyung had awoken too soon to the sound of keys tapping. He opened his eyes, met with the dim light of a lap top and the back of Rebecca's head, his hoodie pulled over it.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung's voice was gruff, slurred, tired, as he sat up, wrapping his arms around Rebecca's waist.

"Nothing." Rebecca didn't stop typing, her eyes on the screen. "Go back to bed Hon."

"You need sleep." Taehyung reached his hand to the computer, trying to shut it, but Rebecca held it open.

"I can't sleep." She finally turned to him, tears smeared against her face. "Can I just...finish this?" Taehyung pulled her closer, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Summarize it and I'll help you fall asleep."

She did as told, Taehyung setting the laptop on the floor on his side of the bed, away from Rebecca.

"I don't want my nightmares." Rebecca mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "I can't deal with them, not tonight. Not with the funeral not with the-"

"Shhh, shhh." Taehyung held his finger against her lip, eyes soft, voice trying to soften. "Don't think about it." He pulled her back down, both on their backs. "I'm going to sing to you, alright? I want you to listen to the vibrations of my voice. You can concentrate on that." Rebecca let Taehyung wrap his arms around her, her burying her face in his neck. "There you go Becca, just relax."

All went well for the next two or so hours. Taehyung fell asleep mid song, Rebecca out in his arms. They would tightened their hold, loosen it, move around, but they were with each other.

Until Rebecca pulled away.

Taehyung woke, yet again, to the sound of whimpering and scratches. His eyes forced open and there was no light this time, so his eyes were already adjusted.

He did not like what he saw.

Rebecca was tugging down her sweatshirt, scratching at her neck and chest, viciously fast. It must of hurt, bad.

"Becca, Becca," Taehyung pulled her hands down, Rebecca fighting to scratch her neck again. "Whoa whoa, don't do that." She lowered her head, Taehyung holding her hands tight. "What are you doing?"

"I have to get the ... the nightmares. I have to get them out." Rebecca swayed lightly, Taehyung holding her steady soon after. "Hurt me,, hurt them."

"No no, baby no." Taehyung shook his head sadly, adjusting his sweatshirt on her. "That's not good." He saw how tender her skin was, scratches everywhere, so aggressive, some looked close to bloodshed. "Can I try?"

Rebecca laid back down, humming a yes, half-asleep. Taehyung bit his lip, turning on his side, hesitantly brushing the hair from her neck. He kissed her neck, the scratched parts, as lightly as he could. The kisses were nothing sexual, just, reassuring, calming.

"Nightmares," He whispered against her skin, Rebecca tensing against the vibrations of his lips. "Please stay away from my baby. She means so much to me." Taehyung gave exactly five more kisses before continuing. "I'd appreciate it if you would just let her rest peacefully." Two more, and a pause as he searched for something to say. "If it would mean she could relax, I would take her nightmares for her. Please, leave her alone."

Rebecca whimpered softly, pushing Taehyung onto his back, cuddling close to him. "I don't want you to do that for me."

"I'd do anything for you."

)()()()(

Rebecca kept her eyes on Namjoon's tie, nibbling on her bottom lip as she tied it, adjusting his collar, smoothing everything out.