24

THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED YEAH BOI

sorry if it seems rushed even though it took 5 days

-

"Oh my gosh!" Haisley squeaked, pulling on her uncle's hand. "So pwetty!"

What she found beautiful was in fact their wedding venue. Calum was sure she'd seen it before, but never so decorated, and that was why she was shocked. He did have to agree, though. It was gorgeous. The colours of their wedding were rose gold and white and the place was decorated accordingly. There were white, pink and black flowers (for diversity and a little 'pop,' they had said) in small bouquets everywhere.

Looking at all of it made Calum kind of sad, because he knew it was likely that he'd never have a wedding. But it was okay, because his two best friends were getting married and it was lovely and he was so happy for them. He was. He was a little bitter because of the fact that he'd never have what they had, but he tried to keep a smile on his face. For them.

It seemed like lately, everything he did was for someone else. But it kept him distracted, so he would do it, and he'd do it wearing a smile. Even if that smile was fake.

"There's my girl!" A voice sounded from behind the pair. They spun around, and Haisley instantly let go of Calum's hand to jump into the arms of the smiling woman standing there; her grandmother. "Hi!"

"Whoa-" She laughed, "Hi, sweetie."

"Missed 'ou."

Liz smiled brightly. "I missed you too." She locked eyes with Calum and smiled. "How are you, hon?"

He tried to smile back. "I'm good. How're you?"

"Great." She hugged Haisley tighter. "My son's getting married today."

"Yeah." Calum tried desperately to keep that smile on his face. "I'm so happy for them."

She nodded. "So, do you have a special someone here with you today?"

Calum winced, then laughed nervously, because he didn't want anyone focusing on him. "Um, no, I don't. Well, i-it's complicated. I don't have someone, exactly, and he's not here--just, um, nevermind."

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"No thank you. I'm okay." He wasn't. But he was doing a good job of pretending. At least, so he thought. Liz smiled again, patted him on the back gently and walked away, probably to get Haisley dressed. He had to check on Michael and Luke; make sure they weren't royally freaking out. And when he did go check in, both were doing great. Because, although they were worried, they loved each other, and wanted this more than anything.

They were willing to make sacrifices for each other. They were accepting or criticism from one another; happy to admit when they were wrong; had always been by each other's sides and their faith in each other had never wavered, not even for a minute. They loved one another, and would get to spend the rest of their lives proving it. They would die for each other.

They had what Calum wanted. What he'd always wanted. But what had always been just out of reach.

-

The music began to play. The guests rose from their seats, smiles on their faces. Haisley walked down the aisle, beaming, as she sprinkled tiny flowers from a wicker basket. The grooms walked down the aisle, arms linked. They walked slowly and gracefully. Holding on to each other for balance. Being each others anchors. In their lovely suits, wearing those adorable little rainbow pins their daughter picked out. Finally, they reached the altar, and both of their mothers stood and gave them a final kiss on the cheek before they turned, joined hands, and faced each other.

"Please be seated."

The guests took their seats.

"Dearly beloved, we have been invited here today to share with Michael Clifford and Luke Hemmings a very important moment in their lives. In the time they have spent together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and husband.

"In the words of Mark Twain: a marriage makes of two fractional lives a whole; it gives two purposeless lives a work, and doubles the strength of each to perform it. It gives to two questioning natures a reason for living and something to live for. It will give a new gladness to the sunshine, a new fragrance to the flowers, a new beauty to the earth and a new mystery to life."

Michael and Luke shared teary eyed smiles.

"The grooms have written their own vows."

Michael was to go first. He took a shaky breath and tried to hold back his tears. Luke mouthed 'it's okay,' squeezed his hands and smiled. He nodded and began, "Luke, I love you so much. More than anything in the world. I-I can't promise you that dark clouds will never hover over our lives or that the future will bring us endless rainbows. I can't promise you that tomorrow will be perfect or that life will be easy. But I can promise you that I'll always be here for you, to listen and hold your hand, and I'll always do my best to make you happy. I promise to always love you, and it's a promise I know I can keep, because you are my everything, and you always will be."

Luke swallowed, willing himself not to cry. "Michael, you are the love of my life. I...I probably wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you. You've made me so happy, happier than I thought I deserved to be, and you're my reason for living. You gave me our beautiful daughter-" He choked up a bit. Michael squeezed his hands to calm him down. "I promise you my loyalty, my respect, and everything else of mine. Everything I am and everything I could possibly be is yours. And even though I'm unsure about most things in life, I am certain that I love you and will continue to love you forever."

"That was beautiful. Now, the exchange of the rings."

Calum stepped forward and handed them the rings. They thanked him quietly before turning back to each other. The officiant spoke of promises and what the rings symbolize, then asked the grooms to make a final declaration of their love for one another as they exchanged rings.

"I give this ring to you as a gift that lasts forever. Know that I'm always with you, behind you, and by your side." Michael placed the ring on Luke's finger.

"This ring is almost as beautiful as your smile. Let's embark on this new journey together and live life by each other's sides." Luke slid the ring onto Michael's finger.

"Excellent. By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss."

And they did. And everyone cheered. And it was beautiful. They danced and sang and ate and drank and celebrated the lovely life that they would have. And despite trying desperately to be happy, Calum just had this sinking feeling in his stomach, because now everyone in his life had somebody, and he was all alone.

-

hi if you're a man who is anti-abortion you can do us all a favour and get a vasectomy. boom. problem solved.

next chapter??? some drama. this ending?? terrible. my love for y'all?? infinite.

25 comments before an update.

-