🦋❀21❀🦋: America!

[I'll update  chapter 22 tomorrow.]

🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇

You raised your arm, scales formed, decorating your skin as you clenched your fist, whacking the tire away from both of your directions as if it was a ball. The direction changed and the tire came crashing on the wall of the mall.

"Get away from her!" The man roared, his hostile glare aiming at you as he menacingly trudges over the two of you. You rest your hands on your hips giving him a side-way glance. Not bothered at his presence.

You deactivated your Quirk as you saw Nejire sneak an attack behind him since he was focused on the girl that was quivering beside you.

By now, only a few guards stayed at the parking lot. The others had already fled from the scene. Allowing the others to concentrate their attention on him.

It wasn't long before the police arrived. You were relieved everything was settled before things escalated. You asked the girl if she was okay and she's not hurt. She simply nodded at you.

"Luna!" Nejire waved at you, shooting a gentle smile at the girl. 

"I'm going to bring you along with m--" The man shouted as he was being restrained by the police. 

Then when his eyes met the girl's frightened look, his eyes softened and he stopped struggling. Giving in. "I-i ch-changed myself for you... So Why? Why?!" Tears spilled from his bloodshot eyes. Wetting his cheeks as he let out a cry. "Why won't you love me back..."

Oh...

You were stunned at his abrupt behavior change. He wasn't acting, he was letting out his true feelings and for a moment, you felt pity.

🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇

In the end, after a short interrogation from the police, you and Nejire went back to the dorm. You couldn't help but think about what happened back then.

According to the girl, that man was her classmate during their high school years. They were friends, he's nice and fun to be with however, one day she realized something was off about him after she introduced her boyfriend to her group of friends. He was acting strange. A week later, every time she comes home from work, she would feel someone looking at her, and sometimes, she could hear footsteps behind her. She brushed it off, thinking it was just her imagination. 

One day, when they were out together with her friends for a short vacation, during the picture taking, her battery died and she borrowed his phone to continue taking pictures with them. When she scrolled through his gallery to check out the pictures she took, she saw a suspicious album. She doesn't like to pry, but she saw her face. She was curious so she opened the album. What she saw left her dumbfounded. There were all her pictures.

All of them were either from when she was coming home from work, working out on her lawn, or when she was out for errands. And the angles show either her back or the side of her face. From then on, she grew anxious whenever she was with him.

 It was still too early to judge him so she acted normal and oblivious. Yet his advances grew bolder, from only taking pictures behind her back to popping anywhere she goes, touching her frequently until he confessed his feelings for her. In which she rejected him. She already has a boyfriend, both of them know that yet he insisted and forced her to break up with her boyfriend. The last string of his sanity must have snapped and he ended up forcing himself on her.

And that happened earlier, turns out, he already had another plan in case she still won't return his feelings. And that is to die together by burning themselves.