🦋❀45❀🦋

Date Published: Sept 30, 2020 
Word Count: 2k+

Note:  Btw, I don't have a regular update schedule as you have noticed. 
             As Usual, this chapter is not edited and I'm so sleepy now :( So I'll edit this (Maybe) after I wake up.

Note: Thank you so much for giving this book some love!

Note: This idea was long ago written in my draft--the outline that is-- but I couldn't write this chapter yet since during that time, Nereid has only 10 chapters yet. 

🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇

Tamaki didn't know where it all started. He just found himself staring at you while you defeat the others one by one, hogging up all the sweets they have.

"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I? "

"Oh! It's an Echo." You answered quickly. Earning a groan from the others when Fat Gum confirmed your answer. 

You stuck out your tongue at them playfully, reaching out for the sweets on the table. That was the prize. Each one of you would bet any sweets--- such as candies, chocolates, bubble gums, anything, you have, and whoever got the correct answer will have all the sweets on the table. Some were bought inside the dining hall while mostly on the convenience since they run out of stocks.

All of you are huddled in the longest table inside the hall. The crowd consist of you, Fat Gum, Tamaki, and the other sidekicks and students having an internship at the agency. 

"Okay, here's another one. Place your bets" Fat Gum called out. Flipping through his phone to find another riddle online. 

You only had one pack of marshmallow earlier when they started playing the riddle game. You were intrigued and you were ecstatic when they also invited you to join. You even said you'll only play once since you were sure you'd lose the game in first try. 

But now, looking at the mountains of sweets in front of Tamaki, you couldn't help but smile widely. Tamaki offered on guarding your sweets, when you cannot cradle all of them on your arms anymore. 

"Here goes." Fat Gum announce. The crowd grew silent, anticipating the question." You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don't see a single person on the boat. Why?" He ended, smiling smugly. It's a hard riddle so he's looking forward to whoever could guess the right answer.

"They're ghosts!"

"Drugs. You're imagining things."

"Could you read it again please?"

"Because you're hallucinating! An illusion!"

You knitted your brows, listening to their answers. You then turned to look at Tamaki who had his eyes on you the whole time.