Chapter 8

Present Day - Sierra's POV

We walked into the room that Trev used when we lived with him. It had a huge floor to ceiling window over looking the mountains, a king sized bed, his own bathroom and walk in closet. There was plenty of space for his toys and things, but something caught my eye.

"You still have his crib up?" I asked as I watched Austin lay Trevor gently in the bed, pulling the covers up to his neck, bending down and putting a kiss on his forehead.

"Night Trev, I love you buddy" he said rubbing his hand over his hair.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I always hoped you would come back Si, taking it down made me feel like it was over for good and I wasn't ready for that. Leaving it here still gave me hope" he said putting kisses on my neck.

"And no one asked?" I asked leaning back against him.

"No one has been in this room since SiSi. It was always Trevor's" he said.

I turned around looking at him placing a small kiss on his lips before pulling away.

"I'm so sorry Austin, I shouldn't have been gone so long. I was so stupid to think I knew what the future held for us" I said my eyes dancing with his.

"Why don't you go get ready for bed Si and then meet me in the music room. I want to play something for you" he said placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Do I still have clothes here?" I asked as we walked to our bedroom.

He took me into his walk-in closet and opened up the bottom drawer of the island dresser. All of the clothes I had brought for when I needed to stay prior to me moving in were exactly where I kept them.

"No one touched them, I promise" he said.

I turned my head to look at him standing behind me, his hands in his pockets and his held tilted slightly to the side, his hair disheveled from his hat being on all day, his crystal blue eyes filled with so much emotion. Looking at him like this brought back so many memories from the past.
——————————
1 1/2 years ago- Sierra's POV

"Thank you so much for letting us spend the day with you Austin" I said as I grabbed Trevor out of his arms.

"It was my pleasure Sierra" he said putting his hand on my lower back as he walked with Trevor and I to my car.

I opened up the door placing Trevor in his car seat stepping back to close the door.

"May I?" he asked.

"Oh yeah of course" I said with a smile as Austin stepped in putting a kiss on his forehead.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to the drivers side opening the door for me. I started to climb in and he stopped me.

"Sierra, please do not be afraid to call me if you need me, please" he begged pushing a piece of my limp brown hair behind my ear his fingers running over my face.

"I won't Austin, I promise" I said grabbing his wrist as he cupped the side of my face.

I looked into his eyes immediately feeling like I was drowning in the most beautiful ocean I had ever seen, enjoying the feeling of sinking deeper and deeper rather than feeling like I was struggling for life.

He leaned into me, our lips close to connecting, his breath dancing happily across my sensitive skin.

"Austin, I can't. I want to so bad but I can't" I said tears falling down my cheeks.