17. Groceries

Kamiko leaned on the grocery cart in boredom, tapping away on her new phone, messaging old friends and asking for their numbers again. She texted her parents, telling them that she's okay, and that she'll call them later tonight. She let out a long sigh after she finished most of her business. She can't believe she just bought a 50000 yen phone because some hero wants to keep track of her whereabouts. Don't they have Clearvo already?

"Hmm..." Kamiko stared intently as Bakugou studied the two radish in both hands. He put down the one in his left hand, and put the one in his right hand into the plastic bag, then dropped it into the shopping cart Kamiko was pushing. He then picked out some green onions, shiitake mushrooms, and edamame. 

"Okay, let's go," Bakugou said after dropping the edamame into the cart. He grabbed the front of the cart and started pulling it along with Kamiko pushing it from behind. 

"I didn't know you can cook," Kamiko said in amusement as Bakugou grabbed some tofu and white fish from the freezer. 

Bakugou glanced her, taking in her admiration filled gaze. "Tch, it's basic survival skills," he muttered. "I don't get how you can't cook." His words made Kamiko grumble in annoyance. "You literally have nothing but junk in that tiny ass kitchen of yours. How do you even live?"

"There's a convenience store right in front of my apartment. I don't need to cook," Kamiko replied. Bakugou stopped the cart at the condiments section, grabbing soy sauce, miso, vinegar, and everything he needed for the meal tonight. 

"That's exactly why you fucking fainted last time. It's because you keep eating that junk that you don't have enough nutrition in your body," Bakugou said. Kamiko felt a little deja vu from this conversation, and her lips curled upward in amusement.

"You know you're starting to sound like my mom," she chuckled. 

Bakugou dropped the condiments into the cart. He looked her in the eye and furrowed his brows. "Well maybe she's right." He pulled the cart down to the next aisle, with Kamiko pushing from behind while leaning her chin on the handle. She still can't believe the hot headed hero is going to live with her from now on. Bakugou didn't seem at all bothered, but rather like he's done this a thousand times. It makes Kamiko wonder if she's actually the first person Bakugou had to guard personally.

The hero dropped some more stuff into the cart. "That should be good. Hey Shitty Woman let's- What's up with your face?" Bakugou asked. Kamiko lifted her head up.

"What about my face?" she asked.

"You looked like you were really pissed just now," Bakugou's brows furrowed. "You mad that I lectured you or something? Quit being a brat and grow up. The world ain't about you."

Kamiko's eyes widened. Did she really looked like she was angry? About what? Certainly it's not getting teased for not being able to cook.

Kamiko followed Bakugou through the supermarket in confusion. One thing he said was right though, the world isn't about her. She shouldn't be causing Bakugou and his agency this much trouble. If anything she should be feeling grateful that Bakugou even went out of his way to move in with her to keep her safe.

"Yeah that should be enough," Bakugou nodded at the mountain in the shopping cart in satisfaction. Kamiko looked down, her eyes expanded to the size of eggs!

"Holy shit what's all this?" she demanded.

"What do you mean dipshit? Can't you see for yourself?"

Kamiko took a frying pan out of the cart. "Why do we need this?"

"You literally have nothing but a kettle in your kitchen. What do you expect me to cook with? My bare hands? I'll just explode the food and it's ready," Bakugou rolled his eyes.