-79-

I woke up pretty abrupt, because Shuichi wasn't by my side... "Shu?" I called out before I was answered with silence. Did something happen to him?

I got out of bed and checked the other side of the bed that he was on last time. He wasn't there either. My breathing speed started to increase...what happened? Oh my god...what if Tsumugi took him because she heard about the meeting. I know she heard the meeting we had...but why did she take Shuichi--my mind went back to the letter that the mastermind gave me before...

"Oh, you think you are so smart~ well if you don't give up on finding the mastermind something might happen to your beloved! Don't think I won't go to the extent of killing him because you know I can! You wouldn't want that now would you~ I hope you make the right choice!

-Monokuma"

My whole body shuddered at the thought of something happening to Shuichi. I didn't want to stay in the room anymore, but I still needed to check the few remaining places just in case. I checked the bathroom and in his closet and he wasn't there either. I shook before I felt some tears coming to my eyes. Damnit! You can't cry now! Shuichi is missing and he needs you to help him! So stop crying!

I sighed and wiped my tears as I pushed the feelings that caused me to cry down. I didn't have time to deal with that now, especially since Shuichi is now missing. I ran out without thinking to Maki's dorm. I knocked on the door and anxiously waited for her to open it up. Almost immediately Maki answered the door.

She was fully dressed and looked ready to start the day as she gently tucked some hair behind her ear. "Kokichi? What are you-" She started before I moved past her into her room. She took the hint and closed the door without another word.

My hair was in my face because of it still being all messed up from my sleeping. I tried to blow some of it out of my eyes before giving up on even trying to bother with my hair at all. "Kokichi, what's going on?" Maki asked again, putting a hand on my shoulder as she gently moved my hair out of my eyes. I smiled a little bit at this gesture before my frown returned again.

"Shuichi's missing..." I whispered trying my hardest not to let my voice break. Maki looked at me with concerned eyes before she gave me a hug. I felt myself break a little as silent sobs escaped my mouth as my hands clung to the back of her shirt. Neither of us said anything for a moment as I cried silently onto her shoulder. I felt a little short because of the slight height difference...but I didn't let it bother me too much.

"It's 3 in the morning...where could he have gone? Is he a person who needs a drink of water in the middle of the night?" Maki asked pulling back from the hug so she could look me in the eyes. I shook my head to stall for a moment while I calmed down a bit more.

"No, his side of the bed was warm when I climbed out of bed to go looking for him...he hasn't just left before...so I thought maybe he got hurt..." I whispered, clipping my words every now and then. She put a hand to her chin before she spoke,

"Maybe this has something to do with the announcement from last night..." Maki said trailing off. She looked over to the door for a moment making me a little confused at her action.

"Maki..?" I asked quietly before she put a finger to my lips. Someone knocked at the door a moment later. This made my breath hitch in my throat...could it be-

"Maki Roll! I heard some knocking and I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go out to talk again," He said in a tone that Shuichi used with me sometimes...oh, I see what this is~ I wanted to tease Maki, but when I turned to face her, she was already blushing and looking away from me.

"Sure, I'll be there in a few." She said just loud enough for him to hear. I was trying to contain my teasing because Shuichi is missing...and this can be handled later...

"Alright!" Kaito said, with a smile in his tone. Maki blushed a little more and looked down at her feet.

"So you and Kaito-" I started before she put her hand on my throat for a moment. I smirked a bit at this because I knew this meant that I was right.

"Don't say anything..." She paused before taking in a deep breath.

"We need to find Shuichi, right? So let's do that," She huffed before taking her hand away. She didn't even touch my throat with her hand; it was just more of a gesture. I decided to let the topic drop while we went to look for Shuichi.

"You're right," I sighed feeling the overwhelming feelings coming to my mind again. Maki put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile before we both walked out the door.

"Where do you think he could have gone?" She asked looking me in the eyes. I put my hand to my chin for a moment. Where could Shuichi have gone? I mean we should go to check the kitchen...and maybe even the courtyard...would he be in my room? But why would he go there?

"I think the three places he might be is around the courtyard, in the kitchen, or in my room, but I'm not positive-" She cut me off by walking over to my dorm.

"Best to go from the closest room to the farthest right?" She asked before I nodded. Best to check my room just in case. I unlocked my dorm room and the two of us entered. The room was dark and just as I left it before. Nothing seemed out of place except...all of my evidence was gone...my white board was erased and everything in my room, except for my unmade bed and my notebook were untouched.

"What happened...?" I asked looking over at Maki who just pointed at the door to the bathroom. There wasn't any light coming from the bathroom, but there seemed to be a person in the bathroom.

"Shuichi?" I asked moving into the bathroom as my eyes adjusted I could see more of the silhouette of the body. It was Shuichi, but his hair was all messed up and some blood was on his forehead and mouth. The only way I could tell was the smell and seeing that there was some dark liquid dripping down his forehead and chin.

"Ko..." Was all he mumbled while his eyes fluttered open. Maki opened the door a bit more and turned on the lamp on my bedside table so I could see him better, but also so the light didn't hurt my eyes.

"Shuichi! What the hell happened to you?!" I yelled before moving under the counter before grabbing some bandages. Maki took them and gave me a look telling me she could take care of his wounds. I gave her a silent nod as she started working.

"S-some one...came for you...but I stopped them and they took me instead..." He whispered before his eyes closed. Who could have come for him? Oh my god...Tsumugi was going to kill me! Wait--I shouldn't say that it could have been anyone...but Because of the letter and because of all the evidence presented yesterday...it must have been her.

-Welp, today was kind of an irritating day because I have had to deal with some difficult people...but other than that, it's alright! Also, my most recent announcement is for a prize for all of you for getting this book to 100k reads! I mean when it gets there of course--but be sure to check that out!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-