-35-

The rest of the day wasn't very eventful. I mean I did get to stay with my beloved... but Shuichi has been anxious about this entire thing. The new motive. The chance that one of our friends could get killed.

The thought made me shudder. We left the meeting about an hour ago. It was probably around 5 pm right now. Shuichi and I were in my dorm room. I was working on profiling people on my whiteboard and he was looking through the files of evidence I had collected before we got together. Now we both work on trying to find any evidence that could lead to the mastermind. I want this game to be over more than anything. I know, or, to be more honest, I hope that we can make it out of this hell.

"Shu, how is it going with the files?" I turned around to face him. He looked up at me with an astonished look on his face. "Kokichi, this is great information! Why didn't you show me this before?" He asked holding up the file on Rantaro.

"Well, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. So, I was trying to end the killing game on my own. That's why I didn't tell anyone... sorry." He stood up and walked over to me. I looked at him confused by the abrupt action before I relaxed. His arms went around me and he hugged me. "It's alright. I didn't trust anyone at the beginning either. Mostly because this is just a very stressful situation."

His hands moved to my shoulders and he moved back from me. We made eye contact and I could tell he was happy about something. Most likely because we are figuring all of this out and might be able to end this killing game. "Yes, Rantaro also had a hard time trusting in others. Like me. And that is the main reason he got killed." I felt myself slump. Rantaro was a good friend to me, a brother almost and then he died by Kaede's hand.

I have nothing against Kaede for killing him because, for one, she thought she was killing the mastermind, and two, she wasn't even in the room when she killed him. I know I might have touched a nerve bringing up the first trial again... but I feel like we need to get this sorted out and discussing this will help us be able to come closer to the truth.

"Yeah..." Shuichi looked down at his feet. I grabbed his chin and placed a gentle kiss to his forehead making him look at me. "It's ok Shuichi. It wasn't your fault. Nobody was honest with anyone in the beginning, but, we have each other now along with Maki and Kaito. I'm sure with their help and if we work together we can figure out the truth behind this killing game. And maybe even find a way to stop it."

"Yeah, you're right Kichi... I'm sorry for being so sad about this all the time." I grabbed his hand and sat him on my bed. I stood in front of him and put my hands on his shoulders. "It's ok. It is fine to feel this way." I pulled his head into my chest and held him close. "It's ok." I moved my hand to slowly brush through his hair. Whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

He suddenly pulled me down on the bed moving his hand to the back of my head. "Shu-" I started only to be cut off by his hands going to my back massaging the sensitive skin. "S-Shu." I shuddered surprise by the sudden motion while at the same time I was loving every second of it. "Let me just stay with you... like this for a while." He whispered letting his eyes flutter closed. I sighed contently and moved my hands to his chest.

"Sleep love. I have noticed that you haven't been sleeping very well. So let's just take a nap. We can go to dinner later." I whispered placing a soft kiss on his lips before letting my head sink into the pillow. "Goodnight my beloved," I said before letting myself relax. I wasn't planning on falling asleep, but because of the calming aura in the room and the feeling of Shuichi next to me. I was out moments later.

.  .  .

I heard singing in the light that I was standing in. It was calming and soft. I let it enter my ears and calm all the thoughts in my head. It felt nice. It reminded me of Shuichi's singing. So calm, so gentle, so beautiful. I sighed and closed my eyes submersing myself in the feeling of the music.

Maybe it's the way you say my name

Maybe it's the way you play your game

But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

I think that you are the one for me

'Cause it gets so hard to breathe
When you're looking at me

I've never felt so alive and free
When you're looking at me

I've never felt so happy

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime

And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions

Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

Dandelion, into the wind you go

Won't you let my darling know?

Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know that?

I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine

Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the timeI'm in a field of dandelions

Wishing on everyone that you'll be mine, mine

I felt at ease. I only thought of my beloved Shuichi. He is the one that makes this worth it. He is the one that makes me feel worth it. I don't ever want to leave his side.

My eyes fluttered open to meet Shuichi's sleeping face. I smiled and traced my finger over his eyelids and caressed his cheeks.

"I love you Shuichi." I have never loved anyone before. And for the first time, this felt genuine. I really do love Shuichi. I felt a tear fall down my face. I have never felt this happy before. "T-thank you so much Shuichi." I sniffled and clung onto him. I love him, but I'm worried he is going to let me go. Please let this not be like every other time. Please let him be the first to genuinely love me.

I don't want to be abandoned again.

Please

-Sorry for the angst... But I feel like my life might be starting to fall apart. My best friend has a boyfriend now and... I'm worried she will toss me aside. She tells me over and over again that she trusts me more than anyone... but... when she sees how much happier she is with him... She may just toss me aside... Like everyone else does. Sorry again... Thanks for reading!-

-ShuichiOuma010-