-56-

My heart stopped. He knows...of course, he does, but I don't want him to do anything to Shuichi. How could this have happened? Sure I assumed they would have been more defensive about us getting closer to finding the mastermind...but I never expected this...

The arrow through the kubspad that had my motive video on it...I know it is more than just a threat. The mastermind has already made my life a living hell...so this shouldn't surprise me this much...

Shuichi...I need to make sure he is safe no matter what...I couldn't stand the thought of seeing him hurt because of me. He should make it out no matter what. I need him to...he has to.

I felt tears start coming to my eyes. The feeling rising in my gut, the one I know so well. I bit my lip to stop the tears because I'm sure Shuichi needs me right now...I should have been focusing on him. He needs me like I need him...and being in his arms is going to help me to be calmer.

"Shu, are you doing alright?" I asked, turning around just to be pulled into a hug. Shuichi held my head with one of his hands pulling my face into his chest. His other hand moved to my back and pulled me closer to him.

I could feel his heartbeat quicken as my heart came to a stop for a moment. I don't want to lose this. The warm calming feeling he brings to my chest. Helping me be able to breath with the lack of all the weight on my chest from everything. Everything that is happening...and everything that happened...

I heard a knock on my door making me feel the anxiety of the day all come back to me. I moved Shuichi who was still silently sobbing into my shoulder into my bed. I wrapped my blanket around him and let him hug my pillow as I answered the door. He grabbed the back of my shirt before I could leave.

"Shuichi?" I asked moving back over to him. He looked up at me with watery eyes. I felt guilt well up in my chest again. I don't want him to be crying about this...it was a threat to me...not him.

"Be safe," He said dropping his hand before burying his face into my pillow. I frowned at this, but the knock came again so I couldn't just go back and hold Shuichi like I wanted to.

"Tenko?" I asked seeing her outside the door. She looked on edge and even like she might have been crying. Which is reasonable because Himiko is a part of the student council...and I'm sure if Tenko is coming here something happened.

"I need to talk to you," She said, walking a bit away from the door. I closed it behind me and walked closer to her.

"What about?" I felt guilty for having to leave Shuichi alone in my room after what happened.

"I need you to go and talk to Angie...I need to get Himiko back...because after she has been talking to Angie she hadn't been herself," She said with a frown. I could tell this whole thing has been bothering her for a while.

"Right now? And aren't you a part of the group as well?" I asked, trying to keep my usual teasing tone under control. Not that I wanted to tease about this...just when I'm stressed I tend to lie and tease more...

"I only joined to make sure I could protect Himiko...and I think it would be best, she is in her lab upstairs," She said looking away from me. I could tell she was done talking so I just gave her a nod before going back into my room.

This whole thing is about to get even more messy...I'm sure Angie is using her Auta to make all of them follow anything she says. So I think it would be good to confront her...but I'm worried that this whole thing could get worse, I mean we should try and take this whole thing she has down.

"Koki," Shuichi whispered as he was crying into the pillow. I rushed over to his side after making sure to shut and lock the door.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, pulling his chin up so I could see his face. His beautiful golden eyes were full of tears. His nose was runny while his cheeks were red because of all the crying. My pillow was stained with his tears and I frowned slightly knowing I wasn't able to be here to comfort him.

"I don't want you to get hurt, and I'm sorry the mastermind is targeting you...I'm sorry we aren't able to-" I put my finger over his lip. I don't want him being so down on himself.

"You don't have to worry about me. We are going to get out of here together...and I love you more than anything baby," I whispered into his ear before he let out slow and shaky breaths as he calmed down.

"Koki," He said before he fell asleep against my chest. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"It's all going to be ok baby," I whispered before laying him down on the bed. I need to go and talk to Angie, I hope it will be quick...

Shuichi was resting on my bed while I left the room with a heavy heart. I made sure to shut and lock the door so he would be safe while I had to go and talk to Angie. I looked back at the door and rested my hand on it.

"I will get us out of this...I promise," I wanted him to know that. I want him to know that I'm always going to try my best for him and us. I love him more than anything and I will always give it my all.

-Here is the next part! Thank you all so much for reading!! Also I was mentioned by and I wanted to say thank you! I'm glad you enjoy this story!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-