-5-

"Kaito just listen!" Shuichi yelled causing the entire cafeteria to go silent. Even I was surprised by this he never raises his voice unless we are in a trial...

"I love him ok! I don't care if that doesn't make sense to you! I came to love him all on my own so stop pretending it's not my real feelings!" He yelled I could tell he had tears coming to his eyes. Before I could even process it I moved my hands to his face and pulled him into a kiss with only one thing on my mind. I need to calm Saihara-chan down. I could tell he was angry so I hoped that this at least distracted him. I could hear multiple people gasp in the crowd, but I didn't care the only thing that mattered is making sure Saihara-chan is ok...

When I finally pulled away and put my face into his chest and hugged him tightly. I could tell his cheeks were red and increasing in temperature. I mean we are in a social situation and Saihara-chan is not someone I would take for a person who publicly displays affection.

"Saihara-chan, I'm sorry..." I wanted to apologize for every event that has taken place ever since we have been together... I didn't mean for this to happen...

"If anyone has a problem with Kokichi, then now on you have a problem with me too!" When he said those words he picked me up bridal style and speed walked me out of the room. I could hear Kaito yell wait, but Saihara-chan didn't care all of the adrenaline made him super bold, but I feel like soon he is going to feel exhausted as an aftereffect of this...

He brought me to his room and slowly slid his back down the door with me in his lap.

"Hey, Kokichi?" He asked breathing a little to fast for me to be completely at ease.

"Yeah Saihara-chan?"

"I want you to know that I'm here for you ok." He said while his eyes fluttered shut as his body fell sideways so he was laying on the floor. I just smiled to myself and put my arms around his torso.

"Yeah, I know Saihara-chan. I love you, so get some rest love," I said as his eyes fluttered open one more time before they closed and he fell asleep. That must have really taken it out of you Saihara-chan. I thought as I stroked his cheek causing a small smile to appear on his face.

. . .

After a while, I heard Kaito pounding on the door.

"Shuichi! I'm sorry for what I said earlier! I was way out of line, can you open the door so we can talk about it? Sidekick?" While he was yelling this from the other side of the door I slowly moved Saihara-chan into a nearby chair before answering the door.

"Hey, Kaito... Saihara-chan is exhausted from all the yelling and is taking a nap. Is there anything you need from me Kaito or are you just going to stand there?" I asked through the crack in the door.

"Kokichi?" He asked eyes going wide. I sighed...

"I know you probably haven't put it together already so I'll tell you..." I said pausing and trying not to shout at him for being... well, an idiot...

"As Saihara-chan said in the gym me and him are a thing now. And because of all the yelling and excitement from the gym, he barely had enough energy to take me here before he passed out. He is tired and needs some rest, so If you don't have anything else to say please leave him so he can rest." I said in the nicest calm sounding voice I could muster before trying to read his expression for a response.

"Oh... Well, I may not like you Kokichi, but if my sidekick chose you to stay by his side then I will support his decision. When he wakes up can you tell him that for me?" He asked with his head down. I did not expect this kind of reaction from Kaito. This is kinda weird coming from him, but I need to make sure Saihara-chan is doing ok, so best not to worry about it now...

"I will..." I said closing the door before hearing small footsteps turn to leave the door. I turned my attention back to Saihara-chan who was peacefully sleeping on the chair. I went to go and take off his jacket cause it was quite warm and it seemed very uncomfortable... But when I was done taking off all the buttons and beginning to slide it off his arms he pulled me into the chair with him.

I couldn't really tell if he was asleep or awake, but that didn't stop the blush coming to my cheeks. He started mumbling again. I cuddled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his back wanting all the affection I could get. I couldn't make out some of the first comments, but after a moment they became more clear.

"Ko-Kokichi... Please don't do that... I'm sorry! I-I promise I will never do something like that again! Just please don't leave me!" He said eyes shut tight with tears coming out of them. I didn't really know what to do to comfort him, so I just held his back and tried to rub his back to relax him. He was still shaking so I don't think that worked very well.

He kept saying more comments about me leaving him and how he was sorry. Seeing this broke my heart. I want- No I need to make him feel better. I need to show him I would never dream of leaving him.

I decided to try another way of comforting him and planted kisses all over his face and shoulders. He seems to shake less and his breathing calmed down a bit before he jumped.

"Kokichi!!" He yelled almost knocking me off the chair. He looked wide-eyed before he started to cry and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I should have been better..." He started muttering apologies into my hair. What nightmare did he just have? It seems it was about me I'm sorry for causing you more worry Saihara-chan...

"Saihara-chan," I paused looking into his eyes thinking of what words to say.

Speak from the heart.

"It's alright I'm here now I would never leave you," I said in a comforting tone rubbing his shoulders to try and calm him down. That event in the cafeteria earlier must have really taken it out of him. I hope you are going to be alright Saihara-chan. I want to be able to be the one who can make you feel alright.

A/N Hey another chapter is done. I hope you enjoyed reading it... I will be trying to write more over the break so please stay tuned!

-ShuichiOuma010