•first quidditch game & a chat by the black lake

"I know you're not a bad person, I can see that."

You sat at the Slytherin table, extremely nervous

You sat at the Slytherin table, extremely nervous. Out of habit your leg was bouncing, and you where fidgetting with your thumbs. Ignoring the plate of food that sat in front of you, "Y/n!" A voice said, snapping you way from your thoughts.

You looked up seeing Kaydence staring at you worried, "Hmm." You hummed.

"Eat some food, your gonna need all your strength for today's game." She said.

You frowned "Right." You mumbled.

"Nervous?" She asked.

"A little?" You said, more questioning it.

"A little, seriously?" She asked, "Y/n, your knee is bouncing and your fidgeting with your thumbs."

"Okay, fine. I'm extremely nervous, terrified actually. This is my first quidditch game, and I can't screw it up." You ranted.

Kaydence sighed "You'll do amazing, now eat." She said.

You smiled and reached grabbing a bread roll, you went to take a bite of it when suddenly two screeches cut through the air. You looked uo seeing Hedwig and Midnight, both of them carrying two similar packages. Hedwig went over to Harry while Midnight came to you, she dropped down the package and you caught it confused.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Kaydence asked.

"Yeah, but the thing is. I never get mail." You said.

Her eyes glowed "Well, let's open it!" She beamed.

Both you and Kaydence untied the package, while some other Slytherin's watched. Once you and Kaydence had unwrapped the package, your eyes beamed at what it was.

"A broom!" You exclaimed.

"Y/n, this isn't just any broom. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Kaydence said.

You looked up at her with excitement glowing in your eyes "Who would've sent this to me though?" You asked.

You could feel eyes on you from the teachers table, you looked over and saw Snape watching you. And much to your surprise you saw a small, very small smile on his face. Beside him sat Midnight, who was just looking around.

-|-

This is it, first game of the year. You walked beside some other teammates, a nervous look in your eyes. "Scared Potter?" Flint asked.