•nightmares & figuring out the egg

"I promise."

Once again back in the old house, the floorboards creek as someone walks up the steps. "Let me see it again." A familiar voice rasped out, almost seeming sick.

The man who was knelt in front of a chair rolled up his sleeve, a marking of a skull and snake is on the arm. It was almost like a tattoo, but more sinister and dark.

"Ah yes, the time is close now. Harry and Y/n! At last!" Voldemort rasped, suddenly the ugly rat like face of Peter Pettigrew appeared. "Step aside Wormtail so I can give our guests a proper greeting!"

-|-

You shot up gasping awake, you were in a cold sweat. You frantically looked around, trying to figure out where the hell you where. You looked beside you to see a shirtless Draco slightly snoring beside you, slowly you clamed down but you were still terrified.

A groan sounded beside her, "Y/n?" Draco questioned his voice rough from sleep. "Baby, are you okay?" He sat up, looking at you worriedly once he saw the state you where in.

"I-i had another nightmare." You whispered.

"About You-know-who?" Draco questioned.

You nodded "Yeah." You breathed.

Draco wrapped his arms around you, and pulled you down. "Shh, sleep darling. It's okay, I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered.

"Promise?" You asked, laying your head on his chest.

Draco rubbed your bare back "I promise."

-|-

The second task was approaching in a few weeks, and you still hadn't figured out the egg. Kaydence sat with you an irritated look in her face, she was flipping though some books looking for anything.

"I don't fucking get it!" She hissed, making sure not to be too loud or you'd both be in trouble with Madame Pince.

"Yeah, I know." You grumbled, glaring at the golden egg.

"Wait hold on, I think I got something." Kaydence said, a hopeful look on her face.

"Well, spit it out." You hissed.

"You said that when you opened the egg, it made a screeching sound?" Kaydence questioned.

You nodded "Yeah, it was fucking murderous."