🎅🏼Mick Schumacher- Bah Humbug🎄

Requested by WilowSmit  

Mick was spending the holidays alone. After a busy and daunting year, he had forgot to spend time special someone, someone he had promised he would make time for. But with everything that had happened, it is now down to the last couple weeks of the year and he has yet to see her.
After starting to wind down for the lazy day he is intending to have. He notices he has forgotten something and has to set out to the shop.

Whilst standing there he catches a glimpse of the girl. He's sure it's the girl he had promised to take out on a date. He had promised he would remember to reply to her. So now was this fate? Is this just how they are meant to be and when they were always supposed to spend the Christmas season. He smiles over at her, luckily for him she smiles back.
"Hey Mr F1." Y/n smiles at him. "Howcome your out late?" She asks him. He shows her the items he had forgotten. She smiles at him. "Same. Look."
He looks at her. "Spending Christmas alone? From what he could remember her family stayed in a different city. "Yeah. You? Doesn't your folks stay in Switzerland?" Mick nods his head.

"Want to spend it together? I'd hate to spend my favourite season alone. If I didn't have too." Y/n looks up at Mick. "Sure. Mine or yours?" They speak for a few minutes debating who has most decorations up. Of course y/n does, but mick wasn't going to give up easily.

Y/n walks back to Micks, allowing him to grab a few things and all the food he has for Christmas. He then drives them both back to y/n house.

Once inside, he can see how decorated she is. Minus a star on the tree. "I'll make hot cocoa." Y/n says out loud. "Y/n where is your tree topper? Will I put it up for you?"
She comes through with two full to the brim mugs, covered in whipped cream.
"So when were me meant to meet again?" Mick sits down not taking his eyes off of the cream.
Y/n sighs. "Depends what time you meant? Spring or Halloween?" Y/n asks him. Mick takes a gulp of hot sweet liquid. Slightly burning his throat.
"Erm... I don't know. Spring was called off with covid. It would've been stupid for us to meet up." He looks over at her. She is staring at her tree. "You didn't put the star up." She says to him, her deep eyes boring into him. He places his hot chocolate down and takes the star off of her and places it on the tree.
Mick gets nervous, as he stands beside her. "Well Halloween. We agreed to go to that party. You didn't show up. Even after weeks of talking."
Mick looks down at her, she looks sad.

One of the few people who congratulated him on his Haas promotion, but then went back to chatting to him normally. She sometimes had no clue where he was in the world. But would reply to him whenever she could. He thought he had ruined it.
But obviously not with how close they are standing right now. Both clearly too shy to make the first move.

But Christmas songs start to play out. "You're favourite one!" Mick says as y/n smiles and starts to sing. "Same guy called, Halloween party, Waited all night for him to show, This time his car wouldn't go" Mick smiles. Then realises the song is them.
He starts to dance with her instead of singing. They end up in fits of laughter, with their bad dad dancing.

"Maybe this is what fate had for us? What do you think?" Mick pulls y/n into his arms. Her eyes sparkle with the Christmas tree lights hit them. "Maybe. What are the odds we both forget something and we have to go out in the snow to get it." Y/n pouts her lips pulling a face. Mick takes it as cue. He pushes his lips onto hers, y/n fingertips dig into his back, as the kiss deepens. "Waiting all hear and this is just perfect." Y/n whispers out loud. Before blushing.

They spend the evening getting caught up and eventually heading to bed when it is most definitely Christmas morning for some families with small kids. "Merry Christmas Mick." Y/n says as she snuggles into his chest. "Merry Christmas baby.." Mick pushes a kiss into her temple and smiles. Happy they aren't spending Christmas alone.