Entry 95: Gerudo Desert Gateway

We had to cross two long suspension bridges over a small valley of water. Connecting the bridges was a single island where a Hinox lay. There was no way around it, there was no choice but to fight. Despite taking up almost all the space on the island the fight was easy, I was able to keep shooting from a distance when it couldn't attack us.

After the bridges the area was completely shades of beige, sheer cliffs, canyons, dirt, and rocks. On the cliff sides were many wooden structures which you could use to climb on. It looks like things were unburied from the cliff sides were the wooden structures are.

I could see a tower at the highest point of the canyon. As I was trying to make a plan of which of the many wooden things to climb to reach it, I heard someone calling out to a traveler. Then Kass landed beside us. It was so great to see him again. We chatted for a bit till we arrived at the topic of the tower. Kass offered to fly me to the tower directly, but I couldn't stand the thought of just leaving Bossa Nova. Kass then offered to fly around and find the best path for us. Once we got there Kass told me of another tower that was just out of sight that he could show us too, but it was located in a snowy, mountain, canyon like structure where it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to take Bossa Nova. That I'll just have to save for some other time. Kass marked the location of it, and some shrines he knew of on the map I got in Hateno Village. After thanking him we parted ways.

We decided to rest for the night at where the cliffs/canyon ends, and desert begins. A woman named Calisa asked to join us. She had clearly experienced much of life. Her hair was a bright fiery red, dark sun kissed skin. She wore beautiful, simple gold jewelry, bright teal lip stick, and very loose and covering clothing perfect for the desert, just enough to block the sun and loose enough to stay cool. She greeted us in a way I hadn't heard before. It was Sav'aaq, a traditional Gerudo greeting she told me. She carried a large pack, shield, and dagger. I asked her about the Gerudo. They are entirely women except for a single man born on extremely rarer occasion. Every thousand years, I think? Only women are allowed into the Gerudo's town. Apparently to keep up the population the women go traveling to find a husband, bare a child then return. She just grew to love travel and comes and goes as she pleases. I asked if there were any problems with any Divine Beasts, but she didn't know a thing about that, this is the first time she's been back in at least twenty years. We then ended up speaking of travel and the places we've been. That in particular was so nice for me but I can't exactly explain why.

She told me that though I couldn't go into town there's a place called Kara Kara Bazaar. It's located halfway between here and the town so I could at least go there.

She also said that when traveling in the desert it's best to go when the sun starts to set or rise. At night the desert is freezing, and in the day even Gerudo would collapse of heat exhaustion easily. The sun and sand are not anything to mess with. She told me she'd wake us up so we could leave on time.

Gerudo words:

Sarqso: Thank you

Sav'otta: Good morning

Sav'aaq: Good day

Sav'orq: Good-bye

Sav'orr: Good night

Sav'saaba: Good evening

Vasaaq: Welcome

Vaba: Grandmother

Vai: Woman

Vehvi: Daughter

Voe: Man

Vure: Bird