Entry 35: Sahasra Slope

We came up with a new plan today. I road atop Friend while Kass flew around the deer trying to keep it from running too far, I then got right next to it and hopped on its back. It tried to buck me off at first then it calmed down. When I managed to get it atop the pedestal, it glowed blue and the ground began to shake. Then a shrine unearthed itself from in the ground. Kass was quite surprised to see this. I swiftly went in and completed the shrine. When I was finished he was still there. He asked me if I was traveling in search of the shrines. In a way I guess I am. I have to find and complete them to grow and prove I can save the kingdom. He said it was funny how we were both searching for the past. Him ancient songs for his late teacher, me the shrines. He said we were kindred souls. He told me that should we meet again he'd tell me if he spotted any shrines in the area. After that he left.

From the Rabia Plain I can see some shrines off in the distance, though I can't go directly to them. I'll have to cut through the mountains that Kakariko village is in.

While passing through Kakariko Village Koko asked me to cook with her again, but I told her I was in a rush and had to go. I hated seeing how disappointed she was.

Kakariko village is at least nestled in the mountains so it'd be difficult to attack it. They even have warriors and guards. Hateno on the other hand, doesn't. It's out in the open. It's no wonder why they have so many monster problems. I wonder how they're doing.

While passing through Kakariko I overheard the guards talking about the rain. It's been raining a lot more lately. I thought it just rained a lot in the area, but I guess it's not normal. Now that I think about it, I can only recall a few days where it wasn't raining. It's almost raining all the time. I thought it was normal, so I didn't note it much here. It seems that with so much rain rivers are becoming very dangerous, so fishing has become very difficult.

Well the rain is good for crops, and Hateno is on higher ground so at least they're okay that way.

I can't stop myself from worrying about Hateno, no matter how much it hurts me. But they should be okay now that I'm not there.

I still miss them, and Kakariko though I was just there.