Entry 49: ???

Sidon insisted that before I leave, he teach me how to swim up waterfalls without launching myself into the sky. So far, the attempts have been a failure. It's nothing to do with form, I'm simply too light.

We took a break and simply sat at the waterfall's edge. We talked for a bit. I admitted I wasn't sure where to go next. He told me that four races had the Divine Beasts. One with the Zoras, one with the Rito, one with the Gorons, and one with the Gerudo. The Rito live high in the snowy Hebra Mountains, The Gorons on Death Mountain, a massive volcano in the Eldin region, and the Gerudo in the Gerudo desert. All of which were either very far away, or I wasn't sure how I'd survive. I don't think I could survive on a lava spewing mountain even if I was continuously eating. Sidon then told me that there are elixirs specifically made for the purpose making people temporally heat resistant so they can traverse Death Mountain. He then added that he'd have some prepared for me before I go.

We were chatting about something else when I heard something. I leaped into the water and swam back to town. There he stood on his perch playing and singing away without a care in the world. The song was about Mipha. "Recall the Champion of Ruta's wrath, before she walked her chosen path. Mipha's kindness was known to all, which is why the princess came to call." The rest of the song recalled a memory of Sidon's where Mipha was kind, yet she was also strict. The song showed there was more to her than just being helpful to others. Her kindness came through in many forms even harsh at times.

Turns out that Kass and Sidon are friends. Once the storm had cleared Kass thought to visit to make sure everything was alright. There was another reason though. His master began writing a balled for the Champions, but never finished it before death so Kass has taken it upon himself to complete it. He wanted the song to capture a side of the Champions that wasn't well known, yet still befitting their image as heroes so he had asked the King and Sidon for stories of Mipha and incorporated Sidon's memory into the song.

We ended up listening to Kass play song after song till we noticed a very distressed looking Zora. Turns out his wife left to go fishing not long before the storm, but even now still hasn't returned. Sidon and I immediately leaped into the water and decided to search far down river.

And Bossa Nova too. The only time I've ever seen them apart was when Sidon and I left to fight Vah Ruta. Aside from that they're never too far apart. Occasionally Bossa Nova will wander off and do his own thing, but always returns to the Prince's side not after too long. He's almost always around so I may forget to mention him sometimes, sorry.

All three of us tried to leave Zora's Domain via the river, but due to the storm many parts of it were blocked off. As we went to land to think of a plan, we met a young Zora. She apparently sent letters in bottles down river and chatted with someone through that. The Zora girl, Finley is in love with the person but with so many parts of the river being blocked they couldn't talk anymore. Another reason to unblock the river.

As Sidon was talking with Finley, using the Sheikah Slate I summoned a bomb, chucked it at the rubble and detonated it. The way was mostly cleared, but there was still more rubble down the river, so Bossa Nova and I jumped into the water. Bossa Nova can swim much faster than me, and since I can't use the Sheikah Slate in the water I road on him. We continued this process till we reached a part of the river which was out of the small canyon like area of the Domain.

Sidon was not far behind following the letter in a bottle.

There was still more debris blocking the river, and even Lizalfols in the water blocking the letter's way so we kept following and protecting it till we reached some land near where a Hylian guy was camping. Turns out he's the one who Finley was writing too.

After this Sidon had me ride on him since Bossa Nova was getting a little tired of carrying me.

We kept going down river and kept searching, but there were many branching paths. We decided to not split up given that even in the complete Zora armor set I can't swim for too long. While searching Sidon asked me something. If I think a relationship between a Zora and a Hylian could last. I feel like that if people of any races cared mutually for each other they could make something work for them. Sidon spoke of how he couldn't stop thinking about how in some time and place there was a possibility where we could have been brothers-in-law. He then went on to speak of how Hylians live much shorter lives than Zoras. He then asked if I think I'll live longer than the average Hylian because of my healing ability. I... never thought of that before. If that is the case, then I'd see a lot of people I know die. We were silent for a while before Sidon said that he hopes things work out between the Hylian and Finley. I hope so too.

While searching I found something, but not a Zora. I told Sidon to keep going without me, but he wouldn't. We were dangerously close to the castle and refused to leave me alone in a place filled with all sorts of Guardians. Luckily, we were at the back of the castle which seems to be much less protected than the front. I felt guilty, but I needed to look.

I kept looking at the picture on the Sheikah Slate then at my surroundings. We could see the castle not far off in the distance. We were under a large tree in a field of tiny colorful flowers. One caught our attention, one called "The Silent Princess" It's endangered and can only grow in the wild. All efforts to farm it have failed. Then she caught something. She became very excited and scooted closely towards me explaining how it had powerful effects in elixirs in the right circumstances, all while keeping it cupped in both of her hands. She was holding a frog and wanted me to eat it to see what effects it would have on me.

Sidon was holding me by the shoulders at arm's length. He looked concerned and said that while looking around I slowly stopped moving and stared off into the distance. I asked him if we could stop for a moment so I could write a few things down.

I'm glad that of all people I managed to connect to Sidon.