Entry 63: Zora's River

I asked Yunobo if he wanted to go traveling with me. He was surprised but wasn't sure how to respond. He decided to think about it while walking me and Friend to bottom of Death Mountain.

Before we left the city, we met a Goron who's brother was missing. He wanted to make a tunnel. We went searching and found him starving at the end of a partly built tunnel. Yunobo knew of a place nearby with delicious rocks. When we got back we found the brother there as well, also starving. We luckily had more than enough for everyone. We all ate some, I even tried some... I was as Daruk said, speechless.

They finished the tunnel, but found a shrine, which I did complete. After he asked, I explained that I was searching for shrines. Yunobo knew of one other shrine. It was located at a place called Gut Check Point. Only someone who's beaten the challenge can even touch the shrine located at the top. He led me there and we found several Gorons already there.

I had to climb as quickly as I can, beating the record time, while collecting points. I could not reach the top till I got enough points. Thankfully since I rock climb so much, I was able to do it easily.

After completing the shrine, we went back to the mountain's base.

When we reached Ternio trail Yunobo said that he had never been this far from home. He then asked why I was traveling. I explained that I planned on defeating Calamity Gannon, and that in order to do that I had to take back control of the Devine Beasts, and that all that were left were the Gerudo's and Rito's. I also said that I planned on going to find the Gerudo's first since they're located in a desert, and I don't have much to protect me from the cold that the Rito live in.

Due to not knowing how long this would take, not knowing how much to take and other such things he decided to not come with me, but he made sure I knew that I'm his brother, I'm welcome in Goron City and that he would love to go traveling with me some day.

Perhaps when all this is over, we could plan a sort of tour around Hyrule. Maybe we could even take Sidon with us and say it's for diplomacy reasons. I'd love that.

We're making camp by Zora's River. It's not night, but I want Friend to have plenty of time to eat fresh food.

I keep debating on whether or not to visit Zora's Domain, no visit Sidon, I shouldn't be kidding myself. I know I would like to visit again even if he weren't there, but aside from Friend, he's the closest person to me. Yunobo is a close second. I'd love to tell him about all that's happened since I last saw him, but... if I were to see him again, it would just be difficult to leave, and I could never risk the Yiga clan attacking because of me again. Besides, there's no rush, I will see him again. I even have my journal to help me tell him about everything.

I wonder how Finley and that Hylian are doing, I hope they're happy.

Friend is so much more relaxed here. I made sure to give her plenty of apples to thank her for staying with me.