Entry 51: Zora's Domain

Sidon and I overheard some of the guards talking about a problem Hinox that was attacking travelers and making getting to the Domain difficult. Sidon called out to me and said that I had already made up my mind to fight the thing, hadn't I. I stopped and though for a moment before nodding. Sidon laughed and said that it seems that my body moves before my mind can catch up.

At the time the Hinox was at a location where we wouldn't be able to swim up a waterfall, we had to climb. It was fun teaching Sidon how to rock climb. It was really difficult for him, and he almost fell a lot, but he did learn quick... Even if he still almost falls a lot.

We made quick work of the beast and returned to town. It was fun to see the guards look shocked then scramble off to go back to work.

I was going to visit Friend when a kid asked me if I had helped the Prince defeat Vah Ruta. When I said yes, he said he needed the help of a hero. He wanted a bunch of Hot Footed Frogs for some reason which he refused to explain. I was going to say no due to how suspicious the whole situation sounded, but... he looked at me with those big eyes and I couldn't say no.

We were able to find quite a few at the bases of waterfalls. When we finally found enough, which was about a few dozen the child ran off. I'm still not sure how he expected to get to his destination without losing any of the frogs.

Sidon was there. I asked him when he arrived, and he said not long ago. He said he couldn't help but watch me interact with the kid. I asked what he meant, but he smiled, stifled a chuckle and pat me on the head. I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS AND HE WON'T TELL ME! HE JUST KEEPS SMILING! The closest thing he gives to an explanation is just saying I'm good with kids. WHAT DOSE THAT MEAN AND WHY DOSE HE SMILE EVERY TIME!? And why is this vexing me so much!?

Towards the evening we took a walk around the tops of the cliffs surrounding the Domain. It's a good place to get a view of the surrounding area. One of the areas we spotted was the Akkala Region. I recall Bolson saying that one of his workers was sent to that area to start the base of a town, and Purah said there was another scientist in that area she wanted me to check up on. Perhaps I'll go there before Death Mountain.

We didn't say much, we just walked. It was really nice.

Sidon said something but I didn't quite catch it. He blushed and said that he was just thinking out loud for a moment and apologized. He then went on to say that he was thinking about a conversation we had recently. I asked him which one. He then said that even if I live just as long as any other Hylian and don't live longer because of my power, it would certainly still have been worth spending time with me. He then wondered if Mipha thought about this and if she had come to the same conclusion.

I told him I thought it was best that I leave tomorrow. With the Yiga clan after me, I don't want to stay for too long. I added that I'd still be staying for the night though. I explained that creatures like Bokoblins and Lizalfols seem to appear more often at night.

We sat at the edge of a cliff and watched the stars as they slowly drift by.

Sidon glows in the dark. Well the blue/yellow parts of his fins and frills and things, and the small dots on his head. It's not super bright, but it's not dull either, it's more so soft and comforting.

He's beautiful, and kind, and smart, and encouraging, and amazing, and fun, and loving, and

And I'm going to miss him so much.