Entry 52: Akkala Tower

After the sun had fully risen over the horizon, we made our way back to town. Many elixirs were prepared for me. So was other equipment and the like. Even a few Rupees.

Sidon walked with me and Friend to Inogo Bridge. When we reached there, we just stood. This was goodbye. I told Sidon I didn't want to say goodbye. He said we didn't have too. He hugged me with a viper like grip which almost knocked me unconscious and said "I'll see you later my friend."

Friend and I then rode off. I was very tempted to look back, but I knew that if I did I wouldn't be able to leave.

While on the road I could see the Akkala region's tower, and Death Mountain not too far off in the distance.

The tower is located on the top of a large decaying building surrounded by stone ruins. The building is called a citadel. Many monsters make camp in the ruins. I met a man being attacked by one of these monsters. Once the battle was over the man spoke of how one of his ancestors was a knight and he wanted to pay his respects but with all the monsters and guardians around he decided to not go through with this.

Around the citadel are several small flying guardians. A large bright red-light points towards the ground from them. If they're anything like the other guardians, then I better avoid that.

The bridge connected to the citadel is collapsed so I had to glide across then climb for a bit. There are many dead and decayed normal guardians strewn about. I was able to use them for cover while the flying ones passed by. At one point I had to climb up a tall stone stare case, but there were several monsters on it. While I was fighting them one of the Guardians spotted me. I had no choice but to run. One of the explosions almost threw me off the building. From that point on I just had to keep running or find a place to hide.

When I reached the top, I discovered the tower it's self was surrounded by this purplish black goopy stuff. It seems to move on it's own and was somehow burnt looking. I recall seeing something similar in Vah Ruta, I suppose this is the Calamity's doing. It was also surrounded by more ruins. I had to hop and climb around to avoid the purple stuff. When I managed to get to the highest point of the ruins I glided onto the tower successfully avoiding the purple stuff that was clinging to the lower half of the tower.

It was cold at the top of the tower, there was even some snow.

The Akkala has got to be one of the most beautiful regions I've seen. The grass is a bright green and the trees a fiery red-orange.

I was able to see so much from up there. Even the canyon that surrounds the Zora's Domain. There are even a few waterfalls that connect to it.

I marked all the Shrines I saw. I also spotted something odd in a small forest and a plain area on a precipice. I also marked those.

I'll investigate those after completing the shrines.