Entry 173: Hebra Peak

There are many creatures that hide in the snow, whether they burrow into it then leap out or they blend in. It's not helped by the fact it's seemingly always snowing, never ending, obscuring my view. Except for the fact that it's cold here this place is rather similar to the Gerudo desert, from the creatures to the terrain being difficult to move in without the proper shoes. It feels more dangerous here than there though.

It must be because Bossa Nova is with me. He has a difficult time moving around like in the sand, I have to pull him the whole time to help him along. This makes battles even more difficult; I can't send him away to some place safer. It's been forcing me to be more careful and vigilant with both his own safety and mine.

But as careful as I am, sometimes I have to do something dangerous. There was no way forward but there was this big up draft so we could reach a new path. It took a lot of testing, crashing into walls, or the ground, or snow, or almost landing on Lizalfos' spears... maybe, possibly, actually landing on a spear. Bossa Nova came to my aid and threw himself at everything. I try to avoid battle with him, but Bossa Nova is very capable. Still though I didn't like how he threw himself into battle, unlike me he can't heal by eating. I can afford to be hurt, so I should get hurt, he can't, no else can.

After healing myself I made a feast for him, he's also been working extra hard trudging through the snow and he just... deserves it. For keeping me company. Whenever I try remembering my past, my mind usually goes to dark thoughts and he guides me through that whether it be distracting me or just being someone to hug. This didn't happen so much in the desert though, maybe the cold is getting to me. I made simmered fruit, honeyed apples, hot buttered apples, apple pie, and nutcake. It took a while to make a working oven but it was well worth it for the warm food.

After it was back to testing the big paraglider for Bossa Nova. There's not much material to work with around here but I managed to make something. Even with the updraft we still had to do some steep climbing which was a bit difficult.

By far it's coldest at the mountain's peak, and there's not much room, but it's the safest, I can see any enemies approach and there's not much room here so unless they have a bow it would be difficult to fight us. With the snow blocking the view we are also even more difficult to spot. I can't see too far, but it's enough. In the distance I can just barely see the glow of the towers, but the red beams I can easily see pointing at the castle. All four. I can also see that eerie purple/black glow surrounding the castle.

It's started to clear up, I can now see the ground, rito village, and the Divine Beasts. I've been keeping the firerod out so we can get some heat. It helps, but with the weather clearing up I'm worried about being spotted up here. I hid it under Bossa Nova's belly, and he seems to like the extra warmth. Bossa Nova is curled around behind me so I can use him as a back rest, and his head is in my lap. This was too nice to not jot down.