Entry 193: Goron city

I still need to work on my wrestling skills. I need more traction. I think if I could get a better grip on the ground, then I can do it! Yunobo and I came up with the idea of making steel or iron boots for me. I feel like it might be cheating, but Yunobo says it's fair because it's still a test of skill and strength, not only do I have to think of the fight but carry a weight much more than my own. Something everyone would find very impressive if I could pull it off. When I told him I would he didn't seem too sure about that. Hylians are much weaker and lighter than Gorons, but I'd told him I'd prove him wrong. Now I have to do this, I can't let this challenge go! And if I can do this, he'll believe in me, and he won't worry. I'll be stronger than even him and beat him at wrestling!

We went mining for most of the day to get the materials needed to make the boots. We also found the food rocks. Mining was certainly an interesting experience. I'm still not used to using the pickax yet. It's very heavy, and I have to put my all into every swing. Sometimes it got stuck in the stone and I needed Yunobo's help to get it out. There were times when I started moving and tripping over from the sheer force I put into my swings. It was rather similar when Yunobo let me use Boulder Breaker. As the name states it's great for crushing stones, and cracking boulders. Yunobo can carry the thing in one hand somehow. He makes it look so light, like it's nothing! I can barely carry it with both my hands, when I try walking around with it, the end always ends up dragging on the ground. My arms got sore quickly but I can carry it on my back just fine.

We also studied the rules of wrestling so I could have that memorized before I try again with the boots. We're going to ask the blacksmith if he can make the boots. The armor maker mostly works with stone, not metal, though, for them to be usable boots it'll need to be some what flexible so perhaps it shouldn't be entirely metal, it would also probably burn me.

Bossa Nova tried following us again today. Yunobo wondered why I kept forcing him back to the inn, he thought he could at least explore the city. The place even with bridges and fences still has rivers of lava flowing through it. Bossa Nova refused to stay with Torfeau where it's safe, so now he has to stay in the cramped inn where it's safe.