Entry 174: Mozo Shenno Shrine

When it's clear the mountains, and the view from Hebra is just gorgeous, more so than anywhere else. Everything is so sharp I can just see everything! It's so pretty here when I can actually see it.

Even when I'm zipping past it. I was so absorbed in the view I almost was caught off guard, but I was able to fight back in time. But Bossa Nova was startled from his nap and tripped me, sending me crashing down the hill. But I discovered something! Snow is just like sand! I can ride my shield on it, and it's so fast! Gravity is much faster than any sandseal, or maybe even Sidon in the water! It's so exciting! Even when I crashed into a shrine. At least I found one! Bossa Nova came chasing after me covered in snow.

After some more shield surfing I found the talus that has been causing the Rito trouble. There were many arrows scattered everywhere I collected them all before they could get buried or become too hard to spot or impossible to find when the snow comes falling down to obscure my view.

I was able to spot that bird, it's land, so Bossa Nova and I ran for it. Well Bossa Nova did, I was able to ride my shield part of the way. It took a few tries but eventually I learned how to not fall off it and stay balanced. I've got to properly slide down from Hebra's peak and see how long I can go! Maybe I should try this at Lanayru! I could take Sidon and we could spend the day climbing and sliding! It would be good practice for him, and I'd get to see how much he's improved in rock climbing! It'd be so fun! But I'd need to find a big enough shield for him. Maybe he already has one. The gorons are miners and black smiths, maybe I could commission them to make shields for us specifically for shield surfing, so I can have one that's durable, and built for this, maybe it would be easier to balance on. Can they even make shields like that? Well I'll be visiting Yunobo soon anyway, so I'll just ask him! I wonder if they could teach me how to sharpen my weapons while traveling. Though since it's Mipha's trident I should ask the Zora, but when I find the Master Sword, it would likely be rusty so knowing how to sharpen blades while traveling would be very useful... But I'm sure anything I could do would only be a temporary fix so I'll have to visit them anyway!

Biron Snowshelf is simply a large flat plane. The shrine is in a little out cove in the side of the cliff.

On it was what I thought a rusted, dead guardian, like the ones before Hateno, but it was just asleep. It was snowing again, so I wasn't able to spot it in time and hide Bossa Nova, I just had to make sure he kept running. Even with the blinding wind and sleet, it was able to lock on to us. I'm so glad I collected those arrows before I needed every last one to take down the thing. It's explosions only obscured my view even more, sending snow flying. We only managed to live because I used all my arrows, even the other types like bomb and electric. Hunting is going to be much more difficult now, I'll have to rely on my rations, which means even less for Bossa Nova now. I can try to hold off on the vegetables and fruits and stick with the jerky for now. Since Harth is a bowsmith maybe he knows how to make arrows too, perhaps he could teach me. That would be very useful right now.

At least this out cove is a safe place. For now we're going to wait till it clears up before we go traveling again. If there's one guardian around, there could be more, and without arrows I don't know how else to fight them, I need to be careful and avoid them at all costs.