Entry 18: ???

Impa was right. By going to the locations in the pictures I remembered something, but...

As I was trekking through Hyrule field I heard strange noises. I couldn't quite place what it was, but I couldn't think about that for too long. I hear a new very repetitive noise, and lots of thudding. A tiny red beam of light kept landing on me. Then a loud explosive sound.

Next thing I knew I was on the ground. My whole body was searing with pain, yet it was numb enough to the point where I couldn't move it. My head felt like it was being crushed by this intense pressure. I could hardly breath the air was knocked right out of me.

That's when I saw it. A fully functional guardian. It raced towards me with its many legs flailing about. Before I knew it, it was practically on top of me. I manage to toss myself over a small stone wall, before it attacked again. With that a bright blue beam of light hit exploded and was set aflame.

I wanted to run but that small red light was already locked on me again. I could hardly move in my current state. It was then I felt something. Wind. The fire was creating wind. Knowing I had no other option I opened the paraglider the fire's wind instantly threw me skyward. It was so quick I was shocked and lost my grip.

The pain of my whole body being set a flame was what I needed to snap myself out of the numbness and run. I ran and ran. Then with another explosion I was sent hurdling through the air. I was airborne long enough for my consciousness to catch up to me, and I ate as much food as I could before crashing onto the stony ground.

I was hurt but at least I wasn't too injured now. But that's when a second tiny red light landed on me. There was another one. I couldn't keep running. My body couldn't take it, nor did I have enough food to keep healing from these fiery blasts.

I was at a place surrounded by trees, but the ground was stone. I found an opening in the small collapsed structure and burrowed into it. There was another explosion and stone crashed down on me and where I had entered. There was only a crack. I could only see the dark clouds. I heard those machines thud and clank about for what felt like forever till they eventually left.

One of my arms was pinned under stone, the rest of me was held down by stone, but not as heavily as my arm was. If I wanted too, I could move a little except for my arm. I couldn't feel my body. My clothing was burned and so was the pouch I got, so all the food I had, I already ate or it fell out during the chase.

It kept raining. And raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining, and raining.

. . . Funny thing about water, it collects in pools and seeps into cracks and crevasse. I didn't notice that was happening to my burrow till I had breathed some in. I had to keep my face pressed against the stone above me to keep from drowning. There wasn't much breathing room left so I had to act fast.

I panicked. I flailed about. Screamed and shouted...

Nothing happened.

Then I remembered I had the Sheikah slate. With my free hand I used it to freeze time for the stones above me. I then headbutted it as hard, and as quickly as I could. When the power wore off the stone was sent flying. I practically threw myself out of there. And just laid on the ground. I knew that was what almost just killed me, but. . . I was so tired.

When my mind stopped reeling, I tried standing. It didn't work out so well. But for the brief moment I was on my feet I recognized where I was. I was at the place frozen in the picture. The first one.

I was kneeling before a woman in a bright blue dress with long blond hair. She was clearly not happy. I think she was knighting me, or something similar to that. This was a ceremony of some sort, but only four other individuals were there whom were talking quietly among themselves. One a man who appeared to be made of stone, one a bird person, one a woman with sun burnt skin and long red hair, and one. . . who when I saw I felt like I was forgetting something. She was red, white and watery, fish-like but very person-like as well. I couldn't hear much of their conversation except that the princess saw me as a reminder of her failures.

That had to have been a memory. That woman in blue. I think that's princess Zelda. I didn't spend much time in that moment dwelling on that thought. I saw the paraglider. Before a breeze could blow it away, I snatched it. With it in hand I dragged myself away.

Then a tiny red light landed on me again. I saw so shocked I froze and fell over. That actually saved me. As I fell that's then the beam shot past me and exploded near me instead. Knowing how powerful the wind was I clutched the paraglider as tightly as I could and was thrown up into the air.

I'm much faster in the air than I am on the ground, so despite it chasing me, it kept missing. Once I had gained enough distance it stopped. It turned around and left.

I landed in a cave and now I'm hiding in here. Using the Sheikah slate's bombs I managed to kill some rats and bats which I roasted over a fire and salted. They didn't taste good at all, but at least I'm healing. My burned skin is starting to peel off, and new undamaged skin is replacing it. I still can't feel my right arm, the one which was crushed under stone. Hopefully if I eat enough food it'll heal too, for now I think I might do something I haven't done since I woke up.

Go to sleep.