Entry 102: Northern Icehouse

Soon after the sun had risen Calisa came by. She examined the jerky I made and said it's fine but has a very smoky flavor. We chatted for a bit before she left for town again. Once all the jerky was finally done being made, I packed it away.

As we were nearing the town, I spotted a guy running around. Odd since it's hard to run on sand but I paid it no mind and continued our way towards town. It was then I heard someone stutter the Gerudo greeting. It was that guy and he came running towards us. He told us his name, Bozai, his age, said he was single, and he loved jogging on sand. This was certainly a way to introduce yourself to someone, I'll give him that. He asked if I was on my own, but before I could answer he said it was dangerous out here and asked if I wanted him to accompany me. I was about to go to town so he couldn't join me, so I asked instead how he was able to so easily run in the sand. He said it was all thanks to his sand boots. He said that if I wanted a look at them we could grab a quiet corner and... I don't know. I felt so uncomfortable around him so I interrupted him and said I'd like to have the boots. He said that he would gladly give them to me but their rarer, one of a kind even. He then mumbled something to himself I couldn't quite catch. He then said he would but I would have to help him with something. Apparently there's a Gerudo legend about seven heroines, but some speculate that there's an eighth one who was wiped clean from history. He wanted to see her and if I could show him her, then he'd give me the boots. When I agreed he yelled "YES". After quickly composing himself he said that supposedly she's enshrined in the Gerudo Highlands. He pointed toward some high cliffs in the distance. He told me that if I found her I had to take him to her myself. He then gave a me a pair of snow boots, saying that they would be useful in the snow up there. He said that like the sand boots they're extremely rarer so I couldn't keep them. He started mumbling to himself, since we were a little closer I was actually able to hear him. He said something about it's been an unsolved mystery for so long it's probably impossible. I'd probably go to him for help since he's so knowledgeable about it and through that we'd grow closer and closer, then he started giggling to himself. If he wanted to spend time together, he could have just asked, not make this scenario. If Sidon wanted to spend time together, we'd just do it or he'd ask, not this!

I don't think Bossa Nova can climb cliffs so I left him in town. As I was looking around for Calisa I bumped into Chief Riju. She asked if I had taken any wooing classes yet. I told her I'd be leaving town for a while, but would be back soon and I could take the classes then. Then when I asked her if she knew anyone who would be willing to feed Bossa Nova while I was gone, she said that she could look after Bossa Nova for me. As I was leaving I turned to see Bossa Nova one last time, and Chief Riju was hugging and petting him with the most joyous face I've seen on her.

Before leaving I got a pack and placed my journal, climbing gear, fire rod, and ingredients for foods that will heat up my body in the bag.

On the way to the cliffs I got to explore some ruins. There were many Lizalfos though, so I had to mostly fight. I was able to find a little out cove under a large bolder right at the foot of the cliffs. It's night now so I decided to take a break and write. Now that I'm done it's time to climb sheer cliff faces!