Entry 97: Geurdo Town

There's all sorts of different women in the town. Gerudo, Hylians, Rito, Gorons, travelers, reporters, merchants, and so much more. Not just the people but the shops and services are varied too. Inns, bars, clothing shops, jewelry shops, food stalls, spas, library, there's just so much! By far this has got to have been one of the liveliest places I've been. Everyone is so kind here too! It's also much cooler here than outside. Small canals flow throughout the entire place. There are plenty of trees that provide shade. I just love it here!

Many people but the Gerudo especially compliment me a lot. They, like everything else here vary. Some people call me cute or adorable, some say I have a strong figure, some really like my eyes, but everyone always says that I look especially cute when I blush which always happens after they compliment me. I wonder why I never got compliments like this not in my Gerudo outfit? Maybe I act a little differently when wearing this and that's what people like or make them notice me? Oh! They also found Bossa Nova to be cute too!

As we were passing by a Jewelry shop, we met the distressed owner. Turns out she needs flint to do her work but due to sandstorms becoming much more violent lately she hasn't been able to get any. I gave her some of mine since I had gotten so much from the little mining I did at Death Mountain. As thanks she let me pick something from her store for free. While deciding she taught me about the different properties of gems is utilized properly. Like how Amber increases defense, Opal helps improve your speed in water, Topaz resists lightning, Sapphire keeps you cool in the heat, Ruby keeps you warm, and Diamond can resist Garidan attacks. She even gave me some demonstrations on how they exactly do this. I found it all so fascinating I ended up writing it all down on a separate piece of paper. She helped me refine my note taking too. It was all so beautiful and amazing I really wanted all of them, from rings to necklaces, earrings, bracelets, circlets, and so much more. I ended up trading the raw gemstones I had to get more jewelry. They were just too pretty and useful to leave behind! I also had to get some for Bossa Nova too! He's used to Zora Domain's cool climate and not this heat, so I equipped a pair of sapphire bracelets on his hind legs. I got a lot of Sapphire stuff since we're in a desert though since I'm in town I'm not wearing them yet.

I'm not exactly sure how this happened but I ended up talking to a woman about the different cuisine of different places. She said that the height of Gerudo food was a drink called a 'Noble Pursuit' that can only be gotten at 'The Noble Canteen'. I think I'll check it out after beating the Divine Beast.

I had spent a long time exploring the place, it's just so big and there's so much to do, but I did come here for a purpose. It turns out that there's a place where people can freely meet the chief if there are any problems. Of anyone she must know how to get to the Divine Beast.

She looks similar to Purah, young with and air of maturity to her. She is Riju the Gerudo Chief. Buliara her bodyguard stood beside her telling me to not come close and to state my business or leave. Right away Chief Riju spotted my Shika Slate on my waist and asked for my name. After telling her my name I stated why I came here. Buliara scoffed at me saying only a Champion could do such a thing but they were all dead. It was then the Chief recalled something her mother told her. When the Calamity happened, Princess Zelda had a fallen swordsman placed into a deep sleep and the name of that man was Link. Buliara added that the man was also said to have carried a legendary sword which I do not possesses. The sword was called one which could seal darkness. The Chief added that the princess supposedly hid it deep in a forest. Though because of my name and the Sheiks Slate by my side there was a chance that I am him. Buliara then exclaimed that I'm a voe. The Chief said that since I'm a Champion, I was friends with Lady Urbosa, and since I'm here to help them deal with Naboris, we're allies. As long as I stayed a woman within the walls of the town then I was still a woman and allowed to be here. She then explained the situation. The Divine Beast Vah Naboris cloaks itself in a massive continuously expanding sandstorm, hurling lightning at any who approach it. It's fast too, even if one would try to avoid it they would likely be consumed by the choking sand or struck down by light. As soon as she had asked me for help Buliara interrupted, saying that a stranger could not be entrusted with such an important task. She then said that I could possibly prove myself by retrieving the stolen Thunder Helm an heirloom passed down from Chief to Chief. It is the only thing that can deflect the powerful lightning. The Yiga Clan had stolen it soon after Vah Naboris started causing trouble. The Yiga Clan have their base hidden away in the Gerudo Highlands, the snowy cliffs right next to the desert. The leader of the soldiers marked on my map where they found the hideout to be, and also mentioned that they did send someone to do some scouting, but she hadn't returned. I had to prove myself first by fighting and beating their top-ranking soldiers before they would tell me anything though. It served at good practice.

I believe it best to avoid fighting there. It's their base of operation there will be so many enemies, so I need to be careful. For now, I'll get some sleep at the inn while I wait for the sun to start rising.