Entry 180: S. Tabantha Snowfield

I wonder why animal eyes seem to glow at a distance. Like sometimes when there's a moose or some other animals ahead of us on the path they seem to be teal but when we get closer they're black. Is it like the sun and moon reflecting off the water? But with that what bounces off the water is the same color, but there's no glowing rocks around, yet their eyes will still glow teal.

With how snowy and dark it can be here all light, even at a distance is especially noticeable like the red beams pointing to the castle, or the purple fiery mist that surrounds it. Even the moon and stars, they somehow seem crisper, brighter, more focused and less fuzzy. I guess light just looks extra pretty in the cold. Maybe it's because it reminds me of warm fires.

I wonder why the Sheikah temples have a star and consolation theme. Is there going to be a puzzle involving the stars at some point. With their technology do that just control the whole land? Now that I think about it... Why is the ancient technology, well ancient, shouldn't they already know everything about it? Did they abandon the technology for some reason? What could that reason be?

I think even with the blankets Bossa Nova is getting sick and tired of the cold. Whenever I stopped to give him a break, he kept crushing the snow, bucking it, flopping on top of me, biting my pant leg or shirt and tried dragging me down the path. He's also always very fluffy, his fur standing on end. I know he wants to leave, but I have to make shoes for him. Horses have stone like hooves so they're more okay on hot rocks, but Bossa Nova has soft little pads, he'd probably get burned or worse, so I've got to make some sort of shoes for him to withstand it. I've been studying the armor I got on Death Mountain, seems like it's made with a particular stone, I think I've seen it at the base of the mountain. I can at least work on parts other than the sole. Perhaps I should see if I could commission a full set of armor for him, just in case stray lava bubbles pop so they don't splash on him. Friend just stayed in one building, but I don't know what Bossa Nova will do. He likes walking around and exploring. Maybe I should ask some Gorons to keep an eye on him, and make sure he doesn't wander out of town.

They'll probably ask how Friend is.

I shouldn't not go because of that, I already told Unobo I was coming for a visit, but...

It'll be fine, they'll be too distracted by how cool Bossa Nova is... Even when he knocks me onto the ground and uses me as a pillow as I write!