Entry 178: Rito Village

Note to self: Don't train in snowstorms, in the end you just almost lose all of your equipment.

After running around and collecting my things I hid back in the shelter and began cooking instead. I decided to see if I could make dishes with the elixirs. It didn't turn out so well, so I instead did some sewing. I tried some singing, but I'm not sure I know how to practice that on my own. I thought maybe the elixir with the food could amplify it's effects so Bossa Nova doesn't go through so many of the drinks so quickly. We were going to be returning to the village. We still have many left, but I don't want to run out while on the mountain. I've also searched for shrines long enough, no matter how many shrines I find, without that sword I won't be strong enough. Finding it should be my top priority right now. That's a realization I came to when sewing earlier.

We had to carefully slide down a steep mountain face, but we managed. The area after it was a bit shallower, so I was able to shield surf without leaving Bossa Nova behind! While on it I noticed something. On the mountain There are these very tall poles with worn out banners on them, they are tattered, ripped and frayed. I haven't noticed any ruins around here. Maybe if there are any, they're all buried under snow. We always find the ruins of towns and structures when traveling, but... not around here, the closest we've found is the banners. If there are none, what place would only need banners, maybe there's to serve as landmarks for travelers, I could see getting lost here without maps.

When trudging through the snow we noticed a little hole with a pair of lit torches before it. This didn't seem like a place monsters would be and I don't think anyone would go climbing so soon after a snow storm, so we investigated! It led to this drop and at the bottom, more fires inside. We found a little water way, I had to dive deep in to get under the rocks and there was another shrine. I've tried experimenting, but I can't keep the eternal flame for myself. I was hoping to place it in a bottle or something, but it wouldn't last long on my own torches. I could always make my own with flint, but I was hoping to use it as an attack of sorts, like the bombs, but smaller, and hotter, and flammable.

After lots of climbing and hiking we got off the mountain and arrived at Dragon Bone Mire. It's this sludgy, muddy, place with giant bones. It's by Warbler's Nest so I was able to hear the girls practicing. On my way there they had a break and spotted me, then tackled me to the ground. They said that I've been gone for too long, that they missed me and my cooking. They then dragged me to practice. Kass was there and told me the girls had been impatient for my return, especially after the snowstorm hit, it had reached the village as well apparently. Singing practice served as a good time for Bossa Nova to get a quick nap.

I got to assist in cooking again, and I was taught how to add the power of elixirs into dishes! You just add the ingredients and not the drink, I was hoping it would amplify the effects but I guess this is better than nothing.

After mealtime Teba and I went out training, he taught me the Rito's spear style, it's rather similar to their way of using the bow so I was able to pick it up quickly. I warned Teba that I'd be leaving tomorrow, so he'd have to deal with the Yiga on his own, though once I'm gone they should lighten up since they're after me. Teba told me if I want a break from traveling and the Yiga I could always come back here. He also told me if I ever needed help in battle I could call him.

I'm never going to take him up on that though. He is a great warrior, but... I could never ask anyone to help me fight the Calamity, that's the only battle I know for certain will happen, and even though I don't think I'm strong enough, I can't ask others for help. If I fail they die, if he went with me, we'd die. He should at least be with his family.

Now that night has fallen, and the others have fallen asleep I'm going to gather supplies for the travel ahead. Though now that I'm back, I'm finding it hard to leave, or at least the thought of it. It usually is, but this time leaving a village, it's just... It hurts I guess. I was just gone, but I've been back for only a day, and I've been so happy and relaxed, and just here, not the past or future battles. I was just here playing, and training, and singing, and cooking, and laughing, and fishing, and just... living. I don't want to go, but the longer I stay, the harder this is going to become, isn't it? So I have to go now, before it get's worse.