Entry 104: Gerudo Summit

I rode atop Kass' back as he soared through the air. Just like back in Hateno Village, the view was breath taking. I may have been so preoccupied with that I forgot to search for any sign of the heroine.

Kass spotted some strange marking on one of the cliffs which turned out to be a puzzle to unlocking a shrine.

As he flew we talked. There's only one conversation in particular I remember though. It was back to the one we had yesterday. As I was listing off places I would go back too after my journey, he noticed that I never mentioned Zora's domain and inquired as to why. In that moment all I could manage to say was that I have very muddled and mixed feelings of there. The Zora's unlike any other race live for so long. They knew the me before now and they treat me as such. Except Sidon. He's never disappointed when I can't recall my past life. Most everyone there treats me as the Hylian Champion while Sidon treats me as a friend, nothing else. I want to move on from my old life, but I also want to know everything about it. Right now, I feel as if I'm stuck in a limbo between the two unable to keep balance or unwilling to commit to one side or the other. Maybe this is why my painful feelings keep surrounding me these last few days. Kass asked if those mixed feelings would prevent me from returning there. That could never be. No matter how confusing it is to be there, it's Sidon's home, his people, his life. Even if it hurts sometimes, I want to be a part of it. Even if it's only in a small way. Kass seemed pleased with my answer, mentioning that if I were to not return, Sidon would have been devastated. I don't know why the word "devastated" stuck with me so.

When the sun began to set we made ourselves a burrow in the snow. Kass said my cooking was delicious and was much better than anything he could make. Calisa's cooking lesson has already paid off! I'll cook Sidon something next time I see him.