Entry 156: Forest of Time

The Leather Smith finally finished the sheath for the dagger! It took a while to make something that the dagger wouldn't just instantly cut through, but he finally did it!

Sidon's dagger is so sharp, in a why it kind of scares me just how sharp it is. I just wonder if it even can be sharpened since it's made of bone.

I haven't had a chance to use it when traveling yet, but I at least know that it's been really useful in cooking and hunting!

I noticed my arm was a little sore today and Sidon insisted we go back to the Domain so the doctors could check on it. It seems my medication may need to be changed... again. I just hope it doesn't taste awful. I noticed it when we were chopping some trees for wood for my house. It's still usable and doesn't hurt, just a little sore.

A traveler came to Hateno today, and the spoke of the Hebra region, how winds were crashing through the area, only growing in power, and how the Rito are being shot out of the sky by beams of light.

Sidon barely caught Bossa Nova and I when we bolted. Sidon said he should reprimand me for just running off like that, but he was smiling. He was glad to see how we were raring to go. He told me that before I go I should at least prepare for travel a little, even if it's just buying some bread for food.

Again, everyone in Hateno was so kind, having already made preparations for me. It seems they have learned that I tend to leave rather suddenly. They even gave me a map with the quickest route to Rito Village. Sidon also marked the location of a great forest on the map, it could be where the Maser Sword is.

I'll have to pass through where Friend passed.

Maybe I'll leave Bossa Nova in the Domain before going there.

I'm not ready to go near there just yet.

I have a lot of elixirs that should keep me warm even in the mountains, as well as a few extra blankets.

It's strange. It's been so long I've almost forgotten this feeling. No doubting myself, in my abilities or my motivation for doing what I do. Not thinking of myself as some hero. When I heard the news of the state Rito Village was now in, I just ran. It wasn't an urgent feeling. I felt like who I was when Sidon asked for my help saving his people and Hyrule, or when I was climbing up Death Mountain with Yunobo. I guess it's not a feeling but more of a state of being? I was just me, some traveler who wants to help. I'm not sure how to describe this, but like this, I don't have that all consuming pressure. Maybe it's the thought of knowing I was chosen. Because if I'm a hero, there are expectations that only I can do this, while if I'm just a traveler, anyone could do it.

I don't know how the thought of me being the hero really got stuck in my head, maybe it's trying to remember my past, and how I was apart of the group that was supposed to fell the Calamity so long ago, but the "hero" thing. It's at least one thing that's been really messing with me, I think.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, but

I just know I feel better right now, refreshed I guess. I've had a rather long break, first my time in Gerudo town, then just traveling and sleeping, then sleeping more, and now staying in the Domain and Hateno. Now it's time to get back to finding Rito Village!

Before leaving I equipped Sidon's gift to my uninjured arm, that way it could be more protected and because my other is unguarded I'll be more aware of it and if it hurts more I'll hopefully notice it sooner and return to the Domain for new medicine.

Sidon also gave me a kiss on the cheek saying it was for good luck. He examined it after, making sure he didn't accidentally cut me again. It... was rather cute. And he also said he was looking forward to seeing me again, and made sure I knew I could return to him any time I wished.

I just want to keep running, so did Bossa Nova. We just kept going through the day and night. Now it's morning and Bossa nova is taking a nap. I built a fort around him so head could at least have a darkish place to rest. It was nice to finally put to use more of the skills Calisa had taught me.

I found some eggs in a nearby tree, some berries, boars, and the river with fish. I'm going to do some experimenting with cooking, though I want to see if I can make some cooking tools like a pot from stone.