Entry 45: Zora's Domain

Just as the Prince said we were able to get here without having to find shelter, but it certainly wasn't easy. We had to fight what seemed to be endless hordes of enemies. Many were Lizalfols with shock arrows. Luckily because we were in a storm with raging winds, they weren't too useful. I tried collecting some, but they blew away before I could get any.

The city is raised high off the water, there are waterfalls everywhere, and everything is made of crystal, or at least a crystal-like substance. The moment we arrived everyone surrounded the Prince asking question after question, and they spoke about how worried they were. The Prince managed to get me to the inn and had a feast worth of food made for me. Clearly, he was starving and wanted to eat as well, but he had to go see his father, the King. He told me to come to the throne room as soon as I felt well enough too. He had Bossa Nova stay behind so he could lead me there.

After eating, some Zoras checked my arm and commented on how it was healing remarkably quickly. They still had me go through a surgery though.

Many of the Zoras recognize me. The younger one like me while the older ones hate me and tell me I need to leave and never come back. Mipha was a great healer and often saved them in battle. So it's no wonder they have such a passion for her, and want some sort of revenge.

When I arrived at the throne room the King recognized me right away. He could also tell right away that I didn't know him. The Prince was quite shocked to learn I'm the Hylian Champion, but he realized that that's how he knew my name. The King said that even if I didn't remember him, I surely must remember his daughter Mipha, the Zora Champion. We apparently were very close. The Prince thankfully got his father to stop speaking of Mipha since it was clearly not helping my memory. The King said that perhaps my memories would simply return in time then went to the topic of Vah Ruta. When the King directly asked for my help their... Chancellor? I think. His name is Muzu, objected. He's one of the older Zoras. The Prince chimed in saying it was rude to speak to me like that since I'm his guest and that I had already agreed to help. He added that I am very trustworthy and spoke of the trials we endured to get here. The King commented on that even with lost memories I still carry a hero's heart. Muzu protested saying that Hylians abused the power of the Divine Beasts and were the cause of the destruction that now plagues Hyrule. He even blamed me specifically for Princess Mipha's death. Just then a strange loud roaring sound rang through the air. It was the call of Vah Ruta. The King then went on to explain how we didn't have much time left and that the Princess Zelda studied the Divine Beasts. According to her, the orbs located on it's shoulders are mechanisms that control the water it generates but they require electricity to work. That is how I could use shock arrows to temporally stop the beast. From that point I'll be able to get inside so I can take back control for good. The Prince promised to assist me in any way he could. The King then wanted to give me something that would give me the ability to swim up waterfalls. The Zora Armor. It's traditionally made by Zora Princesses to give to their future husband. Muzu was furious at this. Mipha made this one. He stormed out. The King explained that Muzu was in charge of educating Mipha so she meant a lot to him. Ever since she passed, he grew to despise Hylians. Unfortunately, Muzu was also tasked with finding the shock arrows needed to fight Vah Ruta. The Prince ran off saying that he'd work things out and would return shortly. The King suggested that I go speak to Muzu myself and told me he'd likely be at the town square where a statue of Mipha is located.

Before going there though I changed into the Zora armor. Since it was made for the person Mipha was going to marry I thought it wouldn't fit at all, but it was perfect.

As I made my way towards the statue, I overheard a bit of The Prince's and Muzu's conversation. The Prince told Muzu that I am the one who Mipha was in love with. Though he was only a child at the time, looking back on it, it was obvious that she was smitten with me. He even recalled his father telling stories of Mipha's undying love for a Hylian named Link. Muzu absolutely refused to believe a word that was spoken. The Prince said that even before all this Muzu hated Hylians so Mipha never told him of her love for me.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the statue. Something about it struck a chord in me. I began to feel lightheaded then... Mipha and I were sitting atop Vah Ruta. She was healing me. My right arm. She was talking about the time we first met. I was very reckless and got hurt a lot, but she healed me every time. She thought it was funny how Hylians grew up so much faster than Zoras. Zoras lived for much longer after all. She spoke of how unsure she was about the upcoming battle with Calamity Gannon, but no matter how difficult things may get she would always heal me. No matter what. She would always protect me. She then said that when things go back to how they used to be... she said, "Perhaps we could spend some time together."

The Prince was holding me at arm's length asking if I was all right. I told him that I was sorry. That Mipha just wanted to spend time together, but it never happened. "So... You remember my sister?" It was only one solitary memory, but... My heart felt still feels as if it were breaking. I was completely shaking. He asked if I needed a doctor. All I could say was... I missed her.

At the time I didn't notice that Muzu was there, but seeing how the armor fit perfectly, and seeing how I was reacting... This was proof enough for him to believe.

He pointed toward a mountain, It's called Ploymus Mountain, there is Shatterback Point. A terrifying creature called a Lynel makes its home there. This creature shoots volley after volley of shock arrows, so all I'll have to do is beat it. The Prince is sure that I can rise to the challenge. Muzu expressed doubt that I could defeat the beast again. Apparently, I had done so a hundred years ago and was even rewarded with a Zora Helmet. It's supposedly in a chest buried under a tree up there. The Prince asked why Muzu still doubted me. He then said he believed that I'd be triumphant. The Prince said that he'd show me there, but for now we should get rest, and prepare for the battle. He said we'd do this together.

He had a room prepared for me at the castle. By the time we awaken weapons and other such things would be ready for us.