Entry 26: Hateno Village

I met the scientists at the Ancient Tec Lab. The lead scientist is Purah. She looks like a child but is very worldly. She apparently looks like that because of an experiment gone wrong. After some tinkering, they were able to restore the last power. It's like the power to track down shrines, but for anything I take a picture of. Using that power, I collected a few things for them. Apparently Purah was the one who placed me in the Revitalizing Chamber at Princess Zelda's request. She said she wasn't surprised that I had lost my memories, in fact she was almost expecting it. She was surprised though when I told her how eating instantly healed my wounds. She decided to go to the chamber and do more research. Turns out that The Revitalizing Chamber was found not long before Calamity Ganon attacked. They only figured out that it could heal people, but not much else before I was placed inside. Before I left, Purah asked if I could check up on another scientist named Robbie in the Akkala region for her.

On my way back into town I ran into a farmer girl who asked me if I was the one who took care of the Moblin problem. When I said yes, she asked if I could get rid of some Bokoblins who had been harassing her animals at night. In the day they camped out on the beach. Though Hateno Village is on a mountain, that mountain is right next to the ocean.

After getting rid of them I was about to head back to town when I heard something. Music. It was off in the distance, but I heard it. It was coming from natural stone pillars sticking out of the ocean near the coast. I wanted to get closer, so I could hear better, but there was no way I could swim that far. I climbed back up the mountain and glided to the pillars. Standing on the tallest pillar was a beautiful minstrel. He played the accordion. He's a bird person, a Rito as he told me. His name's Kass. He's about a third of me taller than me... He was taller but not twice as tall or anything. He had a bird's crest on the back of his head. His feathers were a bright blue, except for the inside of his wings and I think his chest and belly a bright yellow. I couldn't tell since he wore very light, flexible armor. He also wore a white scarf, and white pants. On his belt were many rolled up pieces of paper tied to it. Songs perhaps. He didn't notice me at first, he was so absorbed in his music. When he did notice me, I think he was surprised. "Why hello! I certainly didn't expect to see anyone else up here." He said. He introduced himself then he began to speak of the sea and asked me if I wanted to listen to a song about the rock pillars we were stand on. I nodded. He looked eager as he prepared his instrument, then he sang as he played. It went something like "An ancient hero once spoke these words: "One day I'll return to fight evil. My cache is at twelve of twenty-four. This rock will point toward it's retrieval."" He then began to speculate about the meaning of the song. He then went back to playing other songs. I wasn't too sure as to what the song meant, but if it's treasure I was looking for, I thought that It'd probably be in a metal treasure chest. I activated the metal power on the Sheikah slate and hopped from pillar to pillar till I found it! Inside was a thousand Rupees! Kass was quite surprised and wondered how I was able to get the chest. I listened to him play his songs till evening when he suddenly stopped and asked me if I truly wanted to listen to his songs, or did I need help getting back to land. I looked around realizing I never thought about how to get back. He then told me to hop on his back and to hang on tight. I was confused as to what he was planning, but I went along with it. He then jumped off the pillar. I shut my eyes, preparing to crash into the water, but nothing happened. When I did open my eyes, I saw the most beautiful view I had ever seen. I swear I could see the entirety of Hyrule and beyond. The sun was just setting casting everything in an orange hue. It was magnificent. Kass spiraled around and around slowly descending till he landed by Hateno Village. I thanked him, and he thanked me for being a good audience. He then took off.

I really hope I meet him again!

While going back to town I ran into the farm girl again and she thanked me for getting rid of the Moblins and gave me a fire-proof leather satchel with TEN bottles of Moomoo milk inside. I felt like this was a bit too much, but she insisted that I take it all.

I also got the Saddle and Bridle and equipped them on Friend.

It's night now, but since I had to stay here so Friend could sleep, I paid Bolson to add a bed and a few basic things to the house so it could be lived in. It is built to be a house after all so it should at least have some furniture, even if I'm just using this place for storage.