Chapter 12

Ella

I fucking hated him.

I loathed him.

First, he's horrible to me for no reason.

Second, he kissed me then told me it was a mistake. The kiss triggered something for me and I feel like I'm back at square one.

Lastly, he forced me to tell him about..him. Then, he had the audacity to walk out on me and left me to cry.

I needed to distance myself with him. So, I'm going to start by changing partners in potions.

I woke up the next day feeling so shit. I didn't want to go to lessons, I didn't want to see him.

I woke up before Bella, that way I could sneak out. I got changed into my robes so I didn't look suspicious walking around in my own clothes, then made my way down to Hogsmeade.

It's getting colder outside, the leaves have completely fallen from the trees making them all look dead. There was an eerie feeling in the atmosphere, but I'm not sure why.

I walked down to the small village, no other student from Hogwarts was there, mostly because we should be in first lesson my now.

I've never been down here before, so I was a little lost. I began walking slowly, admiring all the shops and houses. I walked past one shop that caught my eye, Honeydukes. A sweet shop.

I walked inside, the walls were so colourful, shelves and shelves of different foods, all contrasting with the blue/green paint to make it look like a big blob of colour. I was mesmerised, I had no idea where to look.

"Can I help you, dear?" An old woman asked me, she looked very frail and had a hunched back, she held a walking stick to help her walk and she had some tatty looking clothing on. However, she didn't look poor, she had a nice updo with her grey hair.

"Do you have any chocolate frogs?" I asked.

"Ah yes, well of course." She chimed as she showed me to the big pile of them. "Is school not on?"

"I have a free period." I lied.

"Ahh, no friends to come down with?"

"No, they're all in lesson. I only came down to have a look, I'm new so I wanted to explore a little more."

"You're a first year? Blimey, they grow more and more each year!"

I giggled. "No I'm a 5th year, I'm a transfer."

"Ahh." She nodded. "Well, I'll be behind the counter if you need me."

"Thank you." I smiled as she walked away.

I grabbed a couple of packets of chocolate frogs, some chocolate balls, sugar quills, cauldron cakes, and some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

When I had what I wanted, I went up to the counter and placed them down. The woman slowly counted them up then put them in a small bag for me.

"It'll be 1 galleon please."

I pulled out two and passed them to her. "Thank you for being kind to me, you can keep the extra galleon."

"Oh, thank you dear."

"It was nice to meet you." I smiled as I grabbed the bag and walked towards the door.

"You too."

Once the door closed behind me, I went to the shop I came here for. The Medi Shop.

I walked in and grabbed some potions, creams, bandages, lots of things really, just as a precaution in case me or any of my friends hurt themselves by an accident. And so I could practice my nursing skills.