Chapter 48

Warning: talk of abuse and sexual harassment. 

Draco

Fuck.

What am I meant to do? I can't lie now, she knows the truth.

"Well?!" She added, her voice laced with annoyance as I stood there with my mouth agape. She was never meant to find out.

"Yes, she is." I mumbled, not meeting her glare. "I-I didn't want to tell you because of what happened."

"What could be so bad you let me befriend her and didn't tell me that she was your ex, the same ex you said basically ruined your life!"

"I-I-"

"Draco, I swear to fucking Merlin, if you're not honest with me now-"

"Come inside and I'll tell you the truth. The whole truth."

_*_

Ella

I was fucking raging, my heart beating out of my chest.

I slowly nodded then walked through the door, letting him close it behind me. Both of us sat down on the bed, I made sure to create a bit of distance between us because I didn't feel comfortable being so close when I was this angry.

Draco didn't meet my gaze, he was looking down at the floor while messing with his rings, which meant he was nervous.

There was silence between us as he collected his thoughts, unsure of how to tell me the full story.

"Before I say anything, I want you to know that none of what she accused me of is true, okay?"

"Okay." I said hesitantly.

He took a deep sigh, his hands shaking in fear that I'd believe the lies she told everyone. "Jasmine and I started dating in 1st year, our parents had been friends since they went to school so we knew each other before we attended Hogwarts." His voice was shaky. "I-I had a really big crush on her, and she apparently had the same for me. We dated until 3rd year, and I thought that I was falling in love with her, but now that I look back at it I wasn't. She was manipulative, she'd always get me to do these weird things for her and obviously I would without a second thought. I nearly got kicked out for some of the things I'd do for her. In the Easter holidays, we were at the Malfoy manor and my mother noticed how she'd boss me around and how she would manipulate me and so she told me about it to talk some sense into me, then every time she asked me to do something I noticed how bad it was. I was so confused on what to do, I wanted to be with her but I didn't want to stay in a toxic relationship. So, I began saying no to her, and I'd refuse to do the things she asked. In the end, she blackmailed me saying she'd ruin my life if I didn't do her homework, which I didn't believe brocade it was so petty."

He took another deep breath, tears now threatening to spill. I moved a little closer to him and hesitated to hold his hand.

"After I said no to her I left her room, I was woken up the night by professor Snape who dragged me out of my bed and took me to the hospital wing where Jasmine was. She had been beaten up badly, her face basically unrecognisable, and she had broken two fingers and her leg." I tear drop fell down his cheek, his lip quivering. "She blamed it on me, said I-I raped her and because she fought me off I beat her up and then did it. She was found in the woods completely naked, it was Hagrid who had found her and brought her to the hospital wing."

I let out a gasp, and he looked up at me, hot tears streaming down his face.

"I-I didn't do it, I swear I didn't. I'd never-"