Chapter 87

Ella

I froze.

There he was. The boy I never thought I'd see again. Chained up to the wall. His face almost unrecognisable.

If it wasn't for the scar on his nose and eyebrow, I never would of known it was him. Matthew.

He looked terrible. Cuts and bruises scattered across his body, his clothes ripped to pieces, his face drained of life. He looked dead.

I gasped loudly, a lump in my throat forming, one I couldn't swallow.

The boy seemed to hear it, and began sobbing. "P-please. No more. I've said I'm sorry. P-please." His voice was croaky, like he hadn't dank in days. His bruised and bloodshot eyes looked up, his head lifting a little. "E-Ella?"

A shot of adrenaline seemed to shoot through the psychotic man, he began ratting the chains, trying to break free. "Ella, you need to get me out of here. Please. Y-you need to help me!"

I was lost for words. My mind racing as my whole body went numb, unable to do anything.

He never went on the run. He's been down here this whole time. My father lied to me!

My legs seemed to kick into gear, making me race back up the stairs. I slipped on the wet staircase, falling onto my face. A shooting pain went down my nose, something hot running down it, but I ignored it and kept running, scrambling onto my feet.

The doors burst open at my command, making everyone inside the dining room face me. Their faces forming into worry and confusion.

"Ella? What happened to your face?" Draco asked while standing onto his feet.

My heart began pumping against my rib cage, my breathing heavy, tears swelling in my eyes. "What the fuck is that downstairs?!" I spat.

Everyone looked confused, my father looked as if he was about to scold me on my language, but something clicked in him, his whole face dropped. "Shit."

"You lied to me!" I screamed, tears falling down my cheeks. "You told me he ran away! You told me no one knew where he was! But he's been here this whole time! You've been fucking torturing him!"

"Who? What's going on?" Narcissa asked.

I rounded the table, storming over to my father as he stood in shock. I hit his chest, but he didn't move, so I repeated it. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! You lied to me! You lied to everyone!!"

He grabbed ahold of my wrists, stopping me from hitting his chest again, my fists still clenched together. "Let's talk. Alone."

He dragged me out the room and slammed the door in my face, talking to the others. Draco appeared at the doors, letting me catch onto the conversation.

"-thank you for coming, but you need to leave. We'll contact you about the wedding. Theodore, Bella, go upstairs." My father demanded, then the door closed again.

"It's okay-" Draco tried to say in a clam manor, but I cut him off.

"No, no it's no okay Draco! Matthew is down in the cellar, locked up like a fucking rat being beaten to death!"

"I know."

I stopped my rant, looking at my boyfriend. His face full of remorse.

"You knew? You knew this whole time and didn't tell me?!" My anger rose. "I bet you were a part of this as well, weren't you? Going down there and torturing him until he can't breathe!"

"He tried to kill you Ella! He attacked you and left you for dead!" Draco argued.

"Oh and that makes it okay to torture him?"