Chpater 69

Ella

It had been a few weeks since Draco had found me star gazing outside. We both struggle to sleep, so we go and sit out there. It's beginning to get colder, snow threatened to fall on the grounds of Hogwarts.

Draco is struggling, his mother is still in captivity. I've asked my mother to update us as much as possible, but some of the things she's told me I—I just didn't have the heart to tell Draco.

The dark Lord has been torturing her, in her own home. Keeping her locked in the cellar under the Malfoy manor. My parents have tried everything to get her out, but there's wards on the room. They can't get in. They even tried having a house elf go in and get her out but it died when it entered, it must of been another spell on the room. That lead to my father getting tortured seeing as it was one of our families elves. He got shot with the cruciatous curse for 5 minutes then slashed with a sword. I had to go and sort his wounds out, it was fairly easy.

Draco has been missing classes so he can work on the cabinet. I keep trying to get him to stop but he insists that he needs to. He's really struggling, I know he was very close with Narcissa and to know that she is locked away must be hard.

Right now, I'm in potions class. Draco didn't show, but I sat with my other friends.

"Hey." Theo whispered to me as we sat doing theory. I looked over at him with a quizzical look. "What's the hazard of making a baneberry potion?"

"It's poisonous." I said and gave him a look, it's common knowledge to know that.

"Yeah, but I don't get what the hazard is."

I rolled my eyes and huffed, turning to face him. "The hazard is that you should not drink it or you will die. The fumes is what you need, it cleanses the brain of someone who's lost their memory, making it easier for them to remember things."

"Ah, okay thanks." He nodded and turned back to his paper. I rolled my eyes with a slight smile and carried on with my work. "And what is it used for?"

"For Merlins sake, just give me your fucking paper." I snapped while holding out my hand, he passed me the parchment so I put it down on top of my work and wrote the answers for him. Merlin, he needs to learn more about potions.

Once I had finished, I passed it back to Theo -who was watching me in owe- then smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem. You know, if you need help with potions I could tutor you."

"You would?" He asked hopefully, so I nodded. "Wow, that's surprising. You spend all your days with Draco."

"I do not."

"Yes you do. We never see any of you unless it's in class or at dinner. And Draco hardly shows up to any of them either. Just face the facts, you two are that couple."

"That couple? What do you mean by that?"

"You'd rather it be you two than be with your friends, so you seclude yourselves."

"It's not true."

"It is. This is the first conversation we've had that's not about the weather or school in weeks."

"That's a lie."

"Is it?"

I thought for a moment, opening my mouth to speak but quickly closed it. He's right.

"Exactly."

"Miss Mayler, Mr Nott, are you okay?" Slughorn asked from behind us. We both turned our heads to see the elderly man stood there with a jar of Armadilo bile mixture and a frogs heart.